Chapter 83 - The Proposal (End)

After buying everything, Chen Ruo Yu carrying several big and small bags, flowers and balloons returned home with great difficulty.  The moment she entered through the door, she threw the bags on the sofa, tied the balloons on the handle behind the door, then arranged the flowers and put them on the coffee table in the living room. 

Tilting her head, she looked at it……um……it’s very eye-catching.  Tomorrow, the moment Meng Gu comes home, he will be able to see it.  She put the small card among the flowers and tried to set a beautiful arrangement.  After it was done, she took out a pen from her bag and wrote on the card ‘Dr. Meng, let’s get married!’ and drew two big hearts on the card.

She looked at it seriously, felt satisfied and then put the card back into the bouquet of flowers.  Tomorrow Meng Gu will get a big surprise. 

Next were the balloons.  She looked around and decided to get up early tomorrow to put the balloons in the hall and let them float about.  In this way, the moment Meng Gu comes in through the door, he will be able to see them.  Oh yes, under every balloon she should tie a small note with the words written……‘Dr. Meng, let’s get married!’

But……in this case, the balloons would have grabbed the limelight from the bouquet of flowers.  Once Meng Gu had been surprised by the balloons then he would not have much reaction when he sees the flowers.  Chen Ruo Yu bit her lips and began to think seriously.

Well, the flowers still had to be presented first before the balloons.  So, the balloons would have to be kept in the bedroom.  When Meng Gu comes back, he will first see the flowers in the living room and he will be sure to think that is only it.  As soon as he enters the bedroom, there will be a bunch of balloons proposing marriage which will definitely give him a fright.

The more she thought about it, the happier Chen Ruo Yu felt.  She took the balloons into the bedroom and began to write the marriage proposal notes.  After finishing, she tied the notes with the balloon strings and while she was tying the notes, she hummed a song. 

If it is not because I love you, how can there be a joyful mood.

Every happy day, I miss you, miss you, miss you very much

Oh yes, in a little while she would have to go shopping to buy the food that Mr. Tyrannosaurus likes to eat.  Tomorrow she will cook a table full of food for him, then she will put a note in the bowl with the words ‘Dr. Meng, let’s get married.’ and deliberately ask him to get a bowl for dinner, so he will be able to see it.

Chen Ruo Yu could not control herself from smiling.  She felt she was really smart for being able to trick stupid Dr. Meng.  Although she was unable to buy a ring, tomorrow he will surely be touched!   Let women demonstrate to the men the true meaning of sentimental feelings and romance.

While Chen Ruo Yu was writing the notes in her hand, she continued to sing her song.

Love is something that shines, illuminating me and illuminating you.

Both of us are steady, sweetness stays with us until we grow old.

Aiya……this new version of the lyrics that rolled out of her mouth sounded good.   Later she will have to remember to note it down in her little book.