Chapter 22: Sweet dinner

There were no birds chirping but there seems to be a slight floral fragrance.

The evening golden sunlight shining down into the garden brought out a unique warm atmosphere.

Chen Ruo Yu and Meng Gu sat down together on the bench and ate their bread.  While they were eating, Chen Ruo Yu suddenly felt the situation was very funny.  In the beginning, when she started to pursue Meng Gu, she had tried a lot of ways to go out for a meal together with him.  At that time, if she had the opportunity to sit down and have a bun together with him, she would have died of happiness.

But now she is really sitting down together with him as if they are on a date.  On the contrary, now she did not feel any anxiety or feel shameful and instead did not feel in the mood at all.

Meng Gu did not speak and after he had finished eating the red bean bun, he tilted his head up and drank all the mineral water in the bottle.

His actions were elegant and his side view was pleasing to the eye while the sunset rays embraced him.

She peeked at him for a long time and could not help but ask.  "Dr. Meng, why don’t you like Sisi?"

She had wanted to ask him this question for a long time but did not have the opportunity.  Right now, the atmosphere is just right as they feel like old friends.  It seems like this is a good time for chatting.  So can it be true that sweet foods can make people feel relaxed?

"Why don’t you ask me why I don’t like you?"

"….."

She is wrong.  The honey-sweet red bean bun also cannot heal his poison.

"Don’t you like me?  I thought you like me very much?"  He said.

She gave him a blank look.  This man is really too much!  Why can't he speak in a more polite way?  She glared at him and gave him an imitation expression of his own shameless Mr. Tyrannosaurus expression.

"Oh, is it like this?  Then I like you, so I don’t like Liang Sisi."

Cut!  This evasion trick is too crafty!

"I'm serious."  She bumped his shoulder.

"Why be serious with me?"  He said.

She gave him a light kick.

Will he die if he speaks seriously?

"She is not suitable for me."  He said.

Not suitable?  Chen Ruo Yu blinked and thought about this.  "But why do I think she is very suitable for you?  The two of you are the same type of people.  The male is handsome and the female is beautiful.  Both of you are smart, fashionable, have character and the two of you should have many common topics of discussion."

"Do you think people who are of the same type are suitable?  People with common topics of discussion are suitable?"  Meng Gu smiled, leaned back against the chair and stretched out his long legs.  "Chen Ruo Yu, have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"Of course."  Chen Ruo Yu straightened her back.  She was not that bad.  Of course, someone had chased her before.

"Is he the same type as you?  Were there any common topics of discussions?"

She seriously thought about the matter and had to nod her head.

"Why did you break up?"

"He felt that I was boring."  When she thought of the reason she was dumped, she used force to squeeze the bread in her hand.  "He was the one who chased me and we were together for more than a year.  We lived in the same district and he was working as an accountant.  When I was at a local university studying for my fourth year, I went to his place for an internship.  I had also planned to work there after my graduation. Our qualities were similar and our work was not too busy.  Our families were on equal standing, so when he chased me, I agreed.  I felt he was very good, practical and hard-working.  Although he is a quiet person,  we can talk to each other and to be able to live well together was enough for me."