Chapter 61 - Meng Gu's POV (2)

Later, Meng Gu did not see Chen Ruo Yu again, until one day as he was driving past a big supermarket when he remembered he was running short of food supplies and stopped to make some purchases.

There was nothing special about this supermarket.  Since he was unfamiliar with the layout and could not go directly to the shelves for the items he needed, he had to look slowly and locate the items slowly.  He was throwing a few things into the shopping cart when suddenly he heard a crashing sound which caused a big sudden commotion.  He turned his head around and saw that someone had knocked down the mountain of toilet paper.

Meng Gu’s sharp eyes caught sight of Chen Ruo Yu and she was acting sneaky with guilt written on her face.  It looked like she wanted to bury her head in the pile of tissue paper and it was obvious to everyone that she had done the deed.

Meng Gu smiled slightly. 

This girl is really interesting.  Wherever she goes, embarrassment follows.

He hesitated and wondered he should go over to talk to her just to give her a fright.  The reason for his hesitation was that they could still be counted as friends.  But she was interested in him before and since he was not interested he should not do it so as to avoid any future misunderstanding.  While hesitation flashed across his mind, a family pushed their shopping cart towards him and insisted on squeezing past him.  He was busy avoiding the cart and moved his body into the back row of the shelves.   It just happened that he found something that he wanted to buy and as he was choosing the item, he heard Chen Ruo Yu arguing with an old auntie. 

It turned out that the old auntie was hit by a child and the old auntie had taken the opportunity to scold the child endlessly.  Miss Chen Ruo Yu who could not stand the injustice done to the child came forward.  She stopped the old auntie’s endless scolding and also took out RMB3.50 for the old auntie to go to the hospital for a check-up.  Of course, the old auntie ignored her, turned away and left.

Meng Gu walked out just in time to see the expression on her face that said ~ Fortunately, you didn’t want it.  Happily, she put back the money into her wallet.

Her expression made Meng Gu laughed.  This little miser still wanted to take out her money to flaunt so boldly.

Meng Gu could not control himself and deliberately queued up behind Chen Ruo Yu at the cashier’s counter to talk to her.  When Chen Ruo Yu saw him, her expressions were brilliant and outstanding.

She had obviously jumped with fright but she still acted calmly.  She was somewhat on guard but she acted as if she was at ease.  Her reaction of a little white rabbit disguising as a big black bear made Meng Gu laughed out loud. 

But he still did not understand why this Chen Ruo Yu had suddenly stopped coming to look for him.  Was it that she had figured it out and understood that it was impossible between them?  But if so, when she saw him, shouldn’t her reaction be more normal?

So what was the reason?  Meng Gu felt a little curious.

The next time they met again, Chen Ruo Yu was in a bar and she was on a blind date. 

In the past, what was the conclusion he had regarding her?  Oh yes, ~ Wherever she goes, embarrassment follows ~ and it was the same this time.  When other people go on blind dates, they would be shy or would be polite or would be unhappy.  But she was bold and was proudly selling her insurance.