Chapter 21: Gift

Chen Ruo Yu cried for a long time.  After she was done crying, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.  After taking out some paper towels to wipe her nose and face, she felt a little embarrassed.

Meng Gu did not speak, did not ridicule, did not console nor did he ask any questions.  She thought it was very nice of him and she felt very comfortable.  But what did he mean by looking down at his own clothes?  Chen Ruo Yu secretly stole a glance at him and wondered what he wanted to do.

Suddenly Meng Gu stood up, pulled her up as well and walked towards the department store.

Chen Ruo did not dare to ask and kept quiet.  It seems Meng Gu was quite familiar with this shopping mall.  He did not wander around but instead took the escalator to the upper floor and made his way directly to a men's clothing specialty store selling a certain brand of men's wear.

The salesgirl greeted them with a smiling face.  Meng Gu waved his hand, went to the shirt section, turned over a few shirts and looked at a few designs.  He picked out one and told the salesgirl a particular size number and then said.  "I'll take one."

The salesgirl quickly found the size he wanted and Meng Gu took out his credit card to pay.  The whole process from the time of entering the store to paying for the shirt only took a minute to complete. 

Chen Ruo Yu looked on foolishly at Mr. Tyrannosaurus's agile shopping skills which were similar to his ability to speak poisonous words.

But why did he suddenly buy a shirt?

Meng Gu went to the changing room to put on his newly bought shirt, then dropped the shirt he wore just now into the shopping bag given by the salesgirl.  He carried the bag and pulled Chen Ruo Yu away.

She foolishly followed and she could not help but ask.  "Why did you suddenly buy a shirt?"

"It's dirty.  I've to change."

Dirty?  She thought for a moment and then responded.

What?  She did not stain his shirt with muddy water!  "Isn't that an exaggeration?"

Meng Gu looked back at her and handed the shopping bag containing his shirt to her.  "Take a look for yourself."

"I'll take a look."  She was a bit unconvinced.  She took out his shirt and flipped it over left and right.  "This shirt is still clean.  It is not necessary to change this."

"Here.  Look, there are stains here."

"This is definitely not done by me.  I'm sure you don’t even know where you have gotten this stain."

"Ai, this woman.  You're really a hedgehog.  I didn’t even ask you to pay for the shirt, why are you arguing about it?"

"I……."  This was about saving her face and she was also subconsciously saving her image.

She was about to say something when suddenly she heard a woman's voice beside her.  "Miss, is your boyfriend here?  Why don’t you let him try the face cream that you were looking at just now?"

She raised her head.  This is terrible!  Isn't this the skincare product counter that she had visited just now?  The counter salesgirl was even able to recognize her!  Obviously, the counter salesgirl had made a mistake and assumed she and Meng Gu were a couple who is on a shopping trip.

Chen Ruo Yu smiled at the salesgirl and waved her hand.  She pulled Meng Gu away but the counter salesgirl quickly came over.  "Mister, come and take a look.  Just now your girlfriend came specially to choose our skincare products for you.  Our brand of skincare is really good.  I will let you try some of our products."