Chapter 18: Sisi pursues Meng Gu

In the end, Chen Ruo Yu did not need to be hospitalized.

All this was thanks to the normal test operation of the ECG machine, thanks to the proper operation of the little doctor, thanks to her heart which only beat at a fast rate without any other problems and finally thanks to Dr. Meng's conscience who did not treat her mercilessly.

In short, after waiting for ten minutes, finally, a strange middle-aged male doctor came in.  He acted like Meng Gu who asked Chen Ruo Yu a number of questions, for example, in addition to feeling flustered, did she feel any other discomfort, etc.  After determining that she did not have any other discomfort, the doctor told her she could go home.  The doctor also advised her that if the rate of her heartbeat did not improve by tonight, she was to go to the cardiology department for a consultation tomorrow.  He also suggested that she should do a comprehensive physical examination as soon as possible.

Chen Ruo Yu nodded her head in agreement.

She had stayed in the hospital twice and each time she had done a full physical examination.  She thinks that within the radius of a hundred miles of her, there would not be another person who had done more check-ups than she had done in the same period.

Liang Sisi waited for the doctor to leave before she brought out Chen Ruo Yu's clothes.

"You actually brought me clothes."

"Yes.  Dr. Meng told me on the phone that your clothes were stained with blood.  He told me to bring you a set of clean clothes."  Liang Sisi winked.  "Isn't he considerate?"

Chen Ruo Yu nodded.  This was really contrary to her expectations.  She picked up her clothes and was about to change into the clean clothes when Liang Sisi said.  "Before we leave I'll go and look him up one more time.  It's good to talk to him a few more times.  You get changed first and I'll be back in a short while."

Chen Ruo Yu nodded again and watched as Liang Sisi fluttered out of the ward like a colorful butterfly. 

After she had changed, she waited for a long time but Liang Sisi still had not returned.  Chen Ruo Yu pulled out her cell phone and looked at it.  It was almost 1.00 a.m.  No wonder she felt so sleepy.

She yawned and then gave another yawn again.  Her mouth opened wide and her tears were squeezed out. 

Right at this moment, Meng Gu came in!

Chen Ruo Yu was almost killed by her own yawn.

Her mouth was opened to its maximum, there was no time to close her mouth and it was too late to use her hand to cover her mouth.  Tears had gathered at the corner of her eyes making her looked very unladylike which she was not quick enough to hide.  Chen Ruo Yu simply let it be and in a relaxed manner made a big yawn.

Liang Sisi was following behind Meng Gu and happily told Chen Ruo Yu who was wiping her tears.  "Ruo Yu, Dr. Meng does not need to be on duty.  Everything is completed and he can send us home."

"Good."  Through her yawn, Chen Ruo Yu realized that image and reservation were not the things she needed.  She felt very happy and the two people certainly had no objections. The three of them got into the car with Liang Sisi sitting in the front passenger seat while Meng Gu drove and Chen Ruo got into the back seat.

When the car started, Liang Sisi found topics to discuss with Meng Gu and the two of them laughed and talked.  Chen Ruo Yu sat in a daze and when she looked into the rearview mirror, she met the eyes of Meng Gu.  Chen Ruo Yu blinked and simply laid back and went to sleep.

So tired.  Lying down felt so comfortable and it was good to have thick skin.

In a daze, she could hear Liang Sisi say.  "Ruo Yu had fallen asleep.  She must be very tired.  So sorry, Dr. Meng."