Chapter 26: Missing him

Chen Ruo Yu felt her face stiffen and she looked towards Meng Gu for help.  Meng Mother was very happy to join them at their table.

"How come you are here?"  Meng Gu refused to meet Chen Ruo Yu's eyes and acting normally, he only chatted with his mother.

"I came out with my friends."

"Where are your friends?"

"They had left."

"Then why are you still here?"

"Actually, I was about to leave but before that, I went to the toilet.  I saw Xiao Yu making a phone call in the toilet and she called the person on the phone, Dr. Meng.  I felt very close to her since she also knows a doctor by the name of Dr. Meng.  She called out the names Dr. Meng Gu and Lord Meng Gu and I thought this doctor's name is also Meng Gu just like my son's name.  So I decided to stay back."

It can be said that she deliberately stay back to listen to gossip.

His mother had also referred to her as Xiao Yu.  Oh, God!  She really wanted to drill a hole in the ground and sneak away through the hole.  Meng Mother must have overheard the live broadcast of everything regarding her blind-date.

"Ai……I was not sure whether the person you were seeking help from is really my son.  If I had known it is really him, I would have sat by your side and spoke up for you."

Chen Ruo Yu shook her stiff frozen head.  In her heart, she lamented…….Auntie, did you think that the situation just now was not chaotic enough?

At this time, Meng Mother bumped Meng Gu's shoulders and said.  "Son, are you not going to introduce us?"

After having listened to the live broadcast then what is the purpose of an introduction?

"This is my mother…….this is Chen Ruo Yu."  Meng Gu's face was expressionless and did not have the slightest inkling of Chen Ruo Yu's heartfelt thoughts.

"How are you, Xiao Yu?"  Meng Mother said kindly.

"Auntie, nice to meet you."  Chen Ruo Yu felt nervous.  This Auntie will not be asking her a bunch of questions, will she?  She really cannot withstand any more torture today.

"Do you really have an Elder phobia, Xiao Yu?"

It's coming, it's coming and she is starting to ask questions.  And the first thing she does is…… she is going to ridicule me and make me the butt of her joke.

The next thing Chen Ruo Yu did, was to look at Meng Gu again and before he had time to speak, Meng Mother said again.  "It is normal to feel nervous when you are with elders but it is not necessary when you are with me since I am so young."  After Meng Mother had finished speaking, she put her hands to her face and gestured to emphasize her point.

Chen Ruo Yu stared blankly and said.  "Did you give birth to Dr. Meng in your teens?"

Meng Mother laughed out loudly and Meng Gu said with displeasure.  "Chen Ruo Yu, stop your flattery."

Chen Ruo Yu looked innocently at Meng Mother.  She was not flattering.  His mother does really look so young.

"Ignore him.  I like this type of genuine and sincere flattery."  Meng Mother smiled with her eyes in slits and she was full of vitality and energy.  "Meng Gu is my biological son and he is not picked up from somewhere."

"Mom, will you pay more attention to your image as an elderly?"

"I did.  Son, how did you meet Xiao Yu?"

"She is a good friend of Yin Ze's girlfriend."

"Does Yin Ze have a girlfriend?  Aiya…..I have not seen that child for a long time.  Tell him to invite me for dinner and the point is that I want to meet his girlfriend."