“You know I'm dead right?” I said rhetorically, cocking a brow.

He smirked at my words, “I know.”

I rolled my eyes, finding it idiotic how he wants to count on me when I'm a lost cause. I shook my head and decided not to push further into the subject, it's not like he's a very talkative person when it comes to his brilliant ideas.

“Your lyrics...they're about Kayn, right?”

I sighed deeply, suddenly even more frustrated by the fact that he did read my song even though I didn't want him to. Even if I do yell at him for it, it won't erase my lyrics off his mind.

“Obviously.” I replied coldly.

“You're not over him yet.”

“Obviously.”

“He was a twat, what the fuck did you see in him anyway?” he chuckled humorlessly.

I pursed my lips in a flat line, fighting with the ache slowly igniting in my chest. What did I see in Kayn? Dear Lord, what did I not see in him should've been the question. I witnessed every emotion of his to its highest level possible and I was so blinded by my love for him that even when he got dangerous, I wouldn't dare walk away.

I believed everything he told me, I loved every little thing he did for me, I held him at nights even if he was angry at me. I was truly in love with Kayn and I didn't want to give up on him.

He presented himself as an emotional wreck that needed someone to hold him tightly when things go wrong. I believed that shit and it was all a lie. When I realized he was fooling me and cheating on me, everything inside of me snapped.

“He was all I wanted.” I replied smoothly, staring up at the grey and slightly cracked ceiling. “All I ever fucking wanted...” I whispered, remembering the way he would kiss me in bed and tell me how pretty I am.

Pretty.

Pretty pretty pretty.

“Some times what we want isn't what we deserve.” his voice was gentle, not mocking at all, which was relieving and shocking.

I moved my eyes from the ceiling to his shadowed face to find him staring down at the ring thoughtfully, a frown stretching upon his gorgeous features. Loose curly strands hung around his forehead beautifully. He doesn't even have to try to look good.

“Have you ever been in love?” I asked out of curiosity, furrowing my brows.

He chuckled and pursed his lips, his dimples caving in, cheeks full of air as he tried to hold back his laugh. However, a few seconds later, he burst out laughing darkly, a sound that always gets goosebumps all over my body. I cringed when he looked up at me mockingly, a sight that makes you feel terrible inside.

“Love is for the weak.” he replied arrogantly, lifting his chin up proudly.

“So that's a no.” I looked away, entwining my hands on my stomach.

“It's not like love is a real thing, people use it as an excuse to get tied up with someone else because they're afraid of staying alone.”

I was about to argue with him, I even opened my mouth to speak but I thought about his words for a good minute. Maybe he's right, maybe people really do say they feel love when in reality it's not love; it's just the need to be accepted and bonded with someone else to avoid loneliness. It makes sense.

But I did love Kayn more than anything and I wanted him to be happy, even if he had to stay away from me.

“One day, you're going to fall in love with a girl and you're going to lose it.” I stated, giving him a side look.