S E V E N T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

Marcel wanted to protest but couldn't, "I legally adopted you Marcellus so don't even try." Mia said before walking towards the bar to pour herself a drink.

Klaus turned to Marcel, "If that's the city's finest, then it will wither from its own mediocrity." Klaus said almost as if he was complaining.

Marcel chuckled, "Now, what are humans gonna do that the other factions can't?" He asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

Klaus shrugged, "They have the numbers. We need eyes everywhere. Whoever did this can't hide from us." Klaus said as Marcel inspected Klaus closely.

"What?" He asked a little disturbed.

"Mm. Clear eyes, focused demeanor. You know, for Klaus Mikaelson, I'd say you're acting pretty normal." Marcel said a little confused.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "If you've got a point, Marcel, spit it out."

Marcel sighed, "There's chatter you're unhinged. I'm just making sure you're not poised to do something that we'll all regret." Marcel said making Klaus sigh in annoyance.

"Well, if the suicidal simpletons who took my daughter's mother and my daughter return her unharmed, I won't have to do something we'll all regret, will I?" Klaus asked in a threatening tone.

Marcel picked it up and decided to play with him a little, "What happened when you went to go visit Elijah in France?" He asked.

Klaus shook his head, "Nothing. He wasn't there." He lied.

Marcel raised an eyebrow, "No? You two didn't come face-to-face? Because last I heard, Hope's picking maggots out of her cafeteria food."

Carter walked into the room making Marcel look at him for the first time. He inhaled sharply as he tried to think of something to say to the young boy.

"Dad..." he said slowly as he looked at Marcel. "who's this?"

"Rebekah's boyfriend, ex boyfriend." Klaus answered as if it were not a big deal.

Marcel clenched his jaw, "I'm Marcel, you're..."

"Stepbrother. Mom, dad, are there any other siblings I should know about?" Carter asked looking at Mia who was looking at a couple of documents.

"Unless you father cheated on me again, I believe that's all." Mia said not looking up to meet his eyes.

Marcel turned back to Klaus, "This city isn't gonna stand for the kind of retribution you're threatening, and neither am I."

Carter chuckled and walked over to his mom. Marcel turned to face the boy with a look of curiosity. "Why are you laughing?" He asked almost smiling in amusement.

"What? Oh I'm laughing because you still think you're the most powerful creature out there." Carter said waving his hands around.

Mia chuckled before looking ahead of her and seeing a magical letter fall from the ceiling. Her face became serious again as she sped down there with Klaus and Marcel close behind. She caught it and opened it carefully.

"Nik.." She whispered showing him the address shown on the paper.

"Carter." Klaus called making the boy run over to them.