That Heart Is So Cold (pt.1)

(BIGBY'S POV)

I've never felt this much regret and guilt in my life. It was a day after the Crooked Man trial and...why? Why couldn't I control myself? Why did I have to rip his head off? In front of everybody, especially Snow? I mean, yeah, he did try to kill me twice but still. The looks Snow gives me ever since I ripped the bastard's head off was just guilt-inducing. The type of looks to make you regret all the choices you ever made in your lifetime, the type to make you wanna smack yourself off the top of the head, I could smell from her musk and tell by the expressions on her face that she was not happy with me. She doesn't even call me Bigby anymore! It's always Sheriff or Mr.Wolf or Sheriff Wolf or some crap like that. All these thoughts were running through my head as the elevator I was in slowly ascended up. The elevator reached to a halt as I rubbed my eye in tiredness. I pulled out a crumbled up box of cigarettes  out of my pocket, tapped the bottom with my fist and picked one out with my lips. Grabbing my lighter, I lighted the cigarette as the elevator doors opened. I walked out as Flycatcher passed me saying, "Oh, hi...Sheriff Bigby. Gr-Great to see you...I don't know if you remember me." "I know who you are, Flycatcher. You've worked at the Woodlands for..how many years now?" I said. Fly chuckled saying, "Heh..I think I've lost count. You gonna come see the truck off? We're leaving for the farm in a few...thought you might want to. I don't know..." I walked away saying, "I'll be down in a minute." "Okay, great," he said as the elevator door closed. I was on my way to go talk to Snow, maybe see how she's doing, try to talk things out with her. I was scared to do it because of what her reaction would be. Would she give me the silent treatment or maybe bite my ear off about how I shouldn't have done what I did. Oh wait, nono, how about scream at me and tell me that she's not mine to lose, I thought. I cringed slightly at the memory of her saying that to me. (ouch) But at the same time, I was anxious to talk to her. I continued walking as I  heard Grendel say, "This fuckin' line.." I strolled past the big ass line to fables waiting and they all turned heads and watched me go. Snow ran out of the office with a bunch of papers, files and folders in her arm. "Oh, Mr.Wolf! Flycatcher left his keys," she said, holding out the keys. I put out my hand as she dropped the keys in my hand. I looked at the keys guilt-fully until I looked up and said, slightly afraid, "Sorry about what I did to the Crooked Ma-" "I-I'm sorry Sheriff, I have to take this. We'll take later, okay?" she said, rushing back inside. At least she didn't yell at me, I thought. But I can see it in her eyes, deep inside, she wants to rip out my throat. I walked back to the elevator in sorrow, and pressed the button. The elevator dinged and I turned my head to see Colin with a 6-pack of beer cans in his mouth. "Someone's gonna see you, Colin," I said, trying to work up a smile. He smiled back at me and winked. The piggy trotted his way back to my apartment where he could never be seen by the mundies. I walked in the elevator and pressed the button. The elevator descended down as I reflected on the past few days. Why did I have to fucking rip his head off? This takes me back to the fight behind the Pudding & Pie. When I wolfed out, beat the Tweedles' asses and pinned Dum to the wall. How badly I wanted to rip out the fucker's throat, but I managed to restrain myself for Snow's sake. Why couldn't I have done that at the end of the trial? Yeah, he did try to choke me out with the handcuffs and drag me to the Witching Well, but I could've thrown HIM down instead of tearing his head off. She probably sees me as a monster now, I thought. The past 300 something years, I've been trying to prove that I'm not that Big Bad bastard that I once was, and one little mistake changed all of that. The elevator doors opened as I walked out of the Woodlands to see Toad putting his luggage on the truck. "We only have like 5 minutes," Flycatcher said. "Then carry me for fucks sake! I don't give a shit!" Toad yelled, waving his arms in anger. I grabbed the keys out my pocket and chucked 'em at Flycatcher, saying, "You forget these." He caught and said, "Oh! Thank you, it's uh..been pretty busy around here." Toad got the last of his things on the truck and said sternly, "Morning, Sheriff. Nice fuckin' day." I watched as the toad struggled to get up on the truck. "Agh, shit!" He turned to TJ saying, "Just go grab that, would you?" "Sorry about all this...I know this isn't your ideal situation here," I apologized. I turned to walk away but stopped once I heard the small words of Toad Junior. "Wait, Sheriff Bigby! I have something." I walked back up to them as Toad explained, "You know he was up cryin' all night. Poor kid." He showed me a small box saying, "Can you give this to Miss White? Please? Dad says there's no time to say goodbye, so...if you can bring it to her." "Yeah..sure," I said, feeling a little warm in my heart. "I couldn't take them all with me, and she said she liked that one the best," he said as he gave it to me. I opened the box to find a fat blue insect. "It's a Willow Beetle," Juinor said. "That's a big one. They're cool because when they're little they have these pouches that squirt juice at you if you touch 'em." "I'm sure she'll love it," I grinned. "She said it was pretty," he said. I put the unusual gift in my pocket. "What's it like at the Farm? I heard ogres live there (shrek is love shrek is life mlg hold it dowwwnnnn lol jk), an-and they eat people in their sleep sometimes. Mr.Toad put a hand on his son's shoulder saying, "God, I hope not." "Do we have to go? I wanna stay heerree," TJ whimpered. "Well we don't have a choice anymore," Toad glared. "Don't worry, you'll be a lot safer there. Plenty of space to run around, and a nice river nearby so you can swim all you want," I assured. "Even in daytime?" he asked. "Yeah, you don't have to worry about the mundies seeing you. It'll be nice." He whimpered a little looking down. "C'mon, it won't be so bad.." I said. TJ looked up saying, "Have you been there before?" "No, I'm not eh....some of the animals aren't comfortable around wolves," I said, scratching my beard. "So you wouldn't know, would you?" Toad said with an attitude. "All set," Flycatcher said. "Bye, Mr.Wolf," TJ said sadly. "Goodbye, TJ," I said sadly. Flycatcher got in the drivers seat and started to drive. I watched the car roll away as I thought, So long Toad and TJ. So long.