Lucy felt her own eyes water as she tried to process her mothers words.

"I...I don't understand."

"He kept us as his emergency contact and beneficiary. They called me while I was at work. I obviously didn't take it well and the school sent me home. Told me to take some time." Taking a deep breath Lucy's mother gained some of her composure.

"I'm going to book us a flight for tomorrow morning. There are somethings we need to do. It shouldn't take too long. A couple of days at most."

Lucy remained still beside her mother who looked at her with an equally sad expression. Monica brought her daughter in to her arms and hugged her tight. Lucy didn't cry. She wanted to cry but she didn't, she probably should have cried, Lucy should have drowned them there in the room ending their suffering.

"I know baby." Her mother comforted, rubbing the teen girls back. "I know. It's going to be okay. We are going to be okay."

Monica promised Lucy that everything would be okay. Lucy may have been a child in her mothers eyes, but she knew that everything would not be okay. That did not make my mother a liar. It made her her mother.

That night Lucy laid in her bed but she could not sleep. He mind was to busy. A tap on her window pulled her from her own mind. Cat Noir sat on the ledge outside her window with a small smile. She debated whether or not she wanted to let him in. After all, she was in a rather dark mood. Opening the window Cat Noir slipped inside.

"Almost thought you weren't gonna let me in."

"Almost didn't" Lucy answered honestly. Cat frowned at her.

"Why? Did I do something?"

"No." She answered, sitting back on her bed. Cat Noir followed suit and sat beside her.

"Are you alright?"

"Honestly?"

"Preferably."

"Not really."

The hero brought his knees to his chest, looking at the lovely girl beside him. She looked so sad and borderline angry. He didn't like it.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"No." She replied.

"Do you want me to distract you?" He suggested with a grin, attempting to lighten her mood.

"No." She replied once more.

Frowning Cat Noir looked to the window and then glanced back the Lucy.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"No." She whispered, leaning her head on his shoulder.

And so he stayed.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoOoOoOoO

Lucy could hardly hear the lawyer as he spoke to them about her fathers will. It was like she wasn't really there but instead was watching it all happen in front of her. It was if she was in some type of bubble that blocked out the sound of everything around her. It was like being underwater. With her arms crossed she could feel herself tense and dig her fingers into her arm. It was a pressure she was sure would leave bruises. Lucy always did bruise easily. It wasn't until the tall bald man made eye contact with her that she realized he was speaking to her directly.

"Huh- what?"

Monica took Lucy's hand as the Lawyer spoke again.

"He left you something specifically. Most of your fathers personal items are being shipped over to your current residence but in his will, Daniel asked you be given this immediately."