Chapter 36 Ice Ice Baby

Ugh, ok so let me tell ya guys. So the reason this chapter has taken so long is 1) I get up for work at 430am and work from 6 am to around 5pm these days and I have no motivation to do ANYThing. Also I started this chapter a few times but had to change it. At first this was going to be the reverser episode but then I saw Nathanial referencing queen bee who has yet to make an appearance. So I was going to do Queen bee episodes next but then that wasn't working out for the pace I wanted to go, so now we have Frozer, which technically also comes after Queen Bee but makes no reference to the episode so who care. Just about all my episodes are a jumbled mess anyway so, as long as there are no direct references to things that have yet to happen, I guess it doesn't matter. This chapter ended up being around 9,000 words long for no reason.

If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don't tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don't understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don't have the courage to ask questions.

Being a hero of Paris did not always mean stopping Akumas. Most of the time, it was a much smaller situation. This particular situation was no different. A man had lost control of his hang glider while trying to deliver flowers. Ladybug and Chat Noir were quick to handle the situation with almost no effort. Chat fist-bumped and handed the bouquet to the man but not before snagging out a rose.

"I feel like I haven't seen Tigress in forever. I hope she's okay." Ladybug thought out loud. It had been a few days since their last big Akuma attack, and Tigress had been nowhere to be seen as of late. Both Ladybug and Chat had attempted to reach out to her but only got a short reply that she had something to deal with and knew they could handle things without her. Chat leaned against the railing of the rooftop they had landed on and twirled the rose between his fingertips.

"I'm sure she's alright. She probably just has some personal stuff going on." He assured, earning a sigh from Ladybug.

"I suppose. I just-"

Glancing down at the street, Chat's eyes widened slightly before zeroing in on a blonde head walking on the sidewalk below. He quickly jumped down and stopped in front of Lucy, holding out the rose to her with a small bow.

"Chat? What are you doing?" Lucy asked a blush rising in her face.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." She gave him a soft smile before tilting her head.

"Chat we talked about this. You can't make that kind of choice." Chat grabbed her hand and pulled her into a nearby ally, away from prying eyes and ears.

"What are you doing?" Lucy asked a nervous laugh leaving her.

"Choosing." He said simply. "Plagg, claws in." He transformed and Lucy stood wide-eyed as Adrien stood before her.

"I...but..you."

"I'm sorry. I can't lie to you anymore. Every moment that you see me as someone other than the person you love feels wasted and I just-"

"It's you..." She whispered, her hands going to his neck, up to his face. "It's always been you."

"I love you." He breathed out, and Lucy gave him a confused look.

"Are you even listening?"

"What?" He asked.

"Chat are you even listening to me?!" Ladybug shouted her hands on her hips. Chat blinked at his partner rapidly before shaking his head.