Chapter 49 The Ties That Bind Us

And the winner of the new cover is version 3 which is snazzy version 2. I too really liked this one and it was between this and the first version reboot. But I do like the colors. :)

Friendship- by Lucy's definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble. We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is, at last, a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses, there is at last one which makes the heart run over. Every true love and friendship is a story of unexpected transformation. If we are the same person before and after we loved, that means we haven't loved enough.

Today is Friendship Day in Paris. And on this day, teens and young adults sign up to play a game that leads them to a random stranger that they now have to team up with to find a surprise celebrity. Finding the celebrity is the objective, but the real goal is to form a new friendship with one's partner. The game is simple enough. You get a riddle via text and solving it will lead you to another location with another riddle. The two partners work together and make their way to each location until they find the celebrity. This year, the surprise celebrity was Adrien Agreste.

Lucy walked into a little cafe called "Hungry Beans" and strolled over to the counter. Leaning against it, Lucy smiled at the barista she had become familiar with named Anthony. Anthony was your typical Italian boy. Tan skin, thick brown hair, neat facial hair, standing just at six feet. He smiled back at her as he made his way to the counter, wiping his hands on his black apron, leaving powder marks in the process.

"Lucy," He greeted. "How can I help you?"

"Niky here?" She asked, earning an eye roll from the Italian. He hitched his thumb behind him.

"Yeah, he's in the back. After you have your little chat, let him know finding powdered sugar doesn't take fifteen minutes. Non sono un fottuto idiota."

Lucy squinted at Anthony and nodded her head. "Yeah, sure. You got it, buddy." She told him, walking over to the door that lead to the kitchen area of the cafe and heading in the direction of the pantry. As she rounded the corner, Lucy quickly shouted "Boo!" in hopes of startling Nikolas. As it turns out, Nikolas was never one to be jump scared easily and remained passive to Lucy's antics. Chloe, however, about shit her pristine white pants. The sight of the blue-eyed blonde wrapped in the arms of her former boyfriend was enough to make Lucy almost do the same.

"AH! What the hell!?!" Lucy shouted, covering her eyes. Chloe glared at her from inside the pantry, quickly recovering from the initial interruption.

"Oh, stop being dramatic," Chloe said, her hands going to her hips. Lucy uncovered her eyes and crossed her arms.

"That's rich coming from you. Now, I will repeat myself. What. The. Hell? When did this become a thing?! Why!?"

"What can I say? I like em' blonde a sassy." Nikolas joked. "You'd know all about it, wouldn't you Lu?" Chloe shifted her glare to Nikolas and smacked him in the arm with her purse.

"Shut up Nikolas!" The girls said in unison, only making the boy grin harder.

"Point proved, anyway, is there something that you needed Lucy? Because I was clearly in the middle of something." Nikolas asked, but Lucy threw her hands up in frustration.

"I came here to ask if you knew anything about riddles because I'm doing this friendship thing, but now who cares about that!?"

"We'll what is the riddle?"

"It is tossed by the waves but doesn't sink"

Nikolas thought about it. "Wait in regards to what?"