Chapter 52 Time After Time

Ah, Chat Blanc... get ready for another long-ass chapter. Get ready for fluff and angst.

Of course, inspired by the song Time After Time. Which version? Whatever you want. The lyrics are the same. Personally really like the QuietDrive cover of it.

Below his home, Gabriel Agreste visits his wife. No truth can cure the sorrow we feel from losing a loved one. No truth, no sincerity, no strength, no kindness can cure that sorrow. All we can do is see it through to the end and learn something from it, but what we learn will be no help in facing the next sorrow that comes to us without warning.

"Emilie, I miss you every moment. But one day, I will get the Miraculous of Ladybug and Cat Noir, repair the mistakes of the past, and make sure you return to us."

OoOoOo

Marinette gripped her gift for Adrien's fifth names day in her hands. She had once again tried to give the boy something she made in hopes that if he received it, then her feelings would come through. However, yet again she found herself unable to deliver the package and instead came with her tail between her legs to her friends. As she approached, the girls frowned and Lucy held out her hand to Rose who pouted and handed her the unicorn plush she had bet Marinette's confidence on.

"Don't worry, Princess Twinkle Peach will be happy with me," Lucy said, petting the tiny stuffed animal with a smirk.

"Girl, what happened!?" Alya asked bummed.

"I was thinking maybe Adrien doesn't like berets, or what if he hates it when people celebrate his fifth name's day? Or... maybe he wouldn't want to know that I love him?" The last reason felt like it weighed the most to Marinette. When Bunnix came, Marinette had felt a smidge of hope. After all, Adrien may have confessed to having feelings for Lucy, but Marinette had no idea if Lucy would ever reciprocate those feelings. What she did know was that Chat was also in love with Lucy, and Lucy definitely reciprocated those feelings. If Lucy ended up knowing Chat's identity in the future as he knows hers, then maybe there was a chance for them to be together after all? Then, maybe, Adrien would eventually get over Lucy and she could be the one to put his heart back together!

Marinette didn't know how long that would be though. With that being said, the pigtailed girl thought that maybe she could change his feelings like Chat's did for Ladybug. She couldn't shake the nagging feeling as she had walked the street toward Adrien's though. What if he found out about her feelings and couldn't return them? Adrien was a great friend to her, and the thought of him feeling awkward around her after knowing her feelings made her uneasy. What if he got upset? Adrien told her about his feelings for Lucy, what if he found out about her own feelings and thought of it as some kind of betrayal or disregard of his feelings?

Marinette internally groaned.

"The only way you'll know is to tell him how you really feel!" Alaya encouraged.

"I know, but... " Marinette reaches for something in a picnic basket but Rose shuts it.

"That's it, Marinette! No more picnics, sleepovers, or going to the movies with us until you give him that gift! You made that hat for Saint Athanasius Day, which is today! How is Adrien supposed to know you're thinking of him on his fifth name's day if you don't give him your gift?"

"She's right. Today is the day!" Alya agrees.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go!" The girls begin to chant. Marinette Looks to Lucy for help but the blonde girl only shrugs her shoulders and gives a thumbs up. With a deep breath, Marinette nods.

"Rise and shine! Behold, the goddess of self-confidence has awakened!" Mylene said, waving her arms toward Marinette who then ran back the way she came to go deliver the gift.