• fifty four •

Start from the beginning

"What's going on bruh." I greeted, dapping him up.

"Nothing, yet." he joked. He turned to Kiyan, "What you doing in this neck of the woods lil man?"

"I felt like it was important for him to come." I answered for him.

"My nigga do you really think that's a good idea, knowing what you're about to do?" Ray said.

"Man if you knew what went down earlier you wouldn't even be asking me that."

"Tell me what happened."

"Later. Just direct me to where dude is at so I can get this over with."

He guided us to a set of stairs leading to what I assumed was a basement.

"When you're finished, check the closet in the far right corner. Everything you need in terms of clean up should be in there." he instructed.

I nodded then turned my attention to Kiyan as Ray walked away. "If you're gonna do this with me, you're gonna do it right. I don't want to use the gun until I absolutely have to, so I'll let you continue to hold it as a way of self control."

"What do you mean until you absolutely have to? You're not gonna kill him?" he asked.

"It's a last resort type of thing. I wanna try to see if I can scare him into turning himself in first. It's less blood on my hands that way. But if he gets me heated enough, which I'm sure he will, I can't tell you how long my temper will hold me over until I off the nigga."

"Well damn."

I shrugged, "Sorry you had to hear it that way, but I did warn you. If you wanna back out or you don't want me to do it, just say the word and—"

"Nah, you gotta do what you gotta do. This is for my mom."

"Shit, maybe I underestimated you." I laughed. "Now listen, it's very important for you to stay close behind me at all times. If things get to a certain point, you're gonna hear me say 'Plan B' and sneak my hand behind my back. That's when I need you to hand me the gun and steer clear. This will most likely happen real fast, but I think you can handle it. You following me?"

"Yeah, but there's just one problem... What if he has a weapon?"

"Trust me, that nigga ain't strapped. He wouldn't be so scared to be found right now if he was."

We slowly headed the down the stairs, finding Carmelo sitting there with his back turned to us watching TV. Casandra was nowhere in sight, which wasn't surprising to me in the slightest cause I always knew she was a weakling, pretending to be part of a life she could never live.

This was gonna be too easy, so easy that I wanted to spend extra time than needed to mess with him, just for fun.

"You have many titles to your name Melo, but I never thought 'fugitive' would be one of them." I spoke, causing him to jump up.

"How the fuck did y'all find me?"

"Next time you wanna play hide and seek, maybe it would make sense not to pick the place of someone who knows the people you're tryna hide from."

"So what, you came here to fight me? You think you can scare me?"

"I mean you look like a deer caught in headlights just by me standing here, so I think we all know the answer to that question."

"You are truly something else, dawg. And then you gon bring my son here, tryna turn him against me and shit? As if his bitch ass mother hasn't already done that enough."

"Watch your fucking mouth." I snapped, already feeling my blood start to boil. I really could just skip all this talking shit and put a bullet in this nigga's brain but the aftermath of it would be too annoying to deal with. I'd rather him choose his fate on his own.