"Me? Working? Oh please, I'll get fired a hour later." I say and she cracks a smile at me, taking off her glasses and setting them on top of her tablet as she looks at me.

"Well at least try it, I want you to go out and meet people." She says and I scoff at that.

"Uh, hello! I'm a very social person, I have friends. Who do you think I am? I have plenty of friends." I say, flipping my hair a bit sassily.

She rolls her grey eyes at me. "Your friends, are on vacation in different places, you and I both know that. But everyone is gone for the summer and we're staying home this summer, you know next year we're saving up for that trip you want to go to Disneyland for your 16th birthday." She says and I grin at that, I always wanted to go to Disneyland but never had the chance to go.

"Oh I can't wait for Disney! Do you know how much I want to go and meet Mickey and the gang?! Or how about all the sick sweet rides! Or what about-" She cuts me off from my rambling, giggling softly at me.

"Okay, okay baby girl, I get it that your excited. So what about that summer job?" She asks me and I sigh, moving my bangs to the side.

"Okay, I'll try to find a summer job. Only if you get me that movie I've been waiting to watch all week," I say and she sighs, giving in to what I want.

"Sure, sure whatever. Go get a job!" She says, pushing me off the couch as I laugh at her. So I went to my room, grab my old backpack, threw a couple of things inside like my PSP, earbuds, phone, a book I've been reading, some money and the keys to my house.

I threw on my green Converse after slunging my backpack, I went downstairs after shouting a later to my brother and dad who I passed by in the bathroom. Pressing the garage door to open, I waited before going inside and grabbing my bike.

I scroll around the neighborhood, looking down the street to see if there was any cars coming my way, when I saw there wasn't, I scroll down the middle of the road. California's heat beat down on my skin as I look at the houses around me, kids were either eating ice cream, or getting wet with water guns or something along the lines.

It sure is hot, man do I wish I had a ice cream too.

I heard the familiar music of the ice cream truck when I turned right on the next street, I smiled as I quickly started to paddle to catch up to it.

"Hey man! I wanna buy a ice cream!" I yelled to the guy in the ice cream truck, catching up to him as I rode near his window, my eyes glancing back and forth from him and to the road. I didn't notice that we went into the richer part of the neighborhood, where mansions and sports cars were flaunt off to anybody who pass by, practically screaming I'm rich and you aren't.

He slows down and I gleam with happiness as my eyes drift toward his truck, but I didn't saw the red stop sign in front of me. I squealed as I crashed into the stop sign, flying off my bike seat and onto the road, scraping my jaw a little and arms and legs a bit.

"Ugh," I groan as I laid there, feeling pain jolt up my chin, elbows and knees. It wasn't really a surprise to me, since I have ADHD, I get distracted easily, get really hyper and can't really focus so over the years, I get tons of scratches and scars from the amounts of times I've been hyper or tripping or something.

The ice cream truck shrieks to a stop beside me, the guy quickly getting out to see if I was okay. "Eh, I'm fine. Just wasn't looking where I was going," I say as he grabs my elbow, lifting me up as he looks over at me in a bit of concern.

"You should next time, do you want a band aid or something?" He asks me and I shake my head, dusting myself off a bit as I reach into my backpack to grab my money.