Chapter 25 / Zhan - I am coming home

For three months Zhan and the other agents have been in the desert, hunting for the head of a terrorist cell. In the last weeks they used their own methods to find the group and they were close to them. Which means they now knew exactly where the target was located and were planning to move in that night. They knew it wouldn't be easy, but they were ready and this time they weren't going to let this asshole get away. Not just because they wanted to rid the world of this scum, but because they wanted to go home.

It was midnight and the five agents followed their plan, equipped with night vision devices they only had to do one thing. Cut the power! Ling Man took care of it first. Fortunately, the fuse box was outside the hiding place of those dirty sons of bitches, so it was easy for Ling Man to get to it after Zhan and Seung Gi had taken out the two guards. Ling Man had a simple method to cut off the power, he started a fire! So he and eventually the others could make sure that they couldn't turn the power back on so quickly.

As soon as the fire was set, it became dark, in front of and inside the house and hecticness broke out. Just as they had foreseen. Jiang Cheng and Hae Jin waited for the other three and as soon as they arrived, they started the fire. Little by little they approached the house, taking out one guard after another until they reached the inside of the house. Ling Man had previously taken an overview of the group strength and gave Zhan an agreed signal when only five guards were left. They went on room by room until they finally found the pig they had been searching for so long!

This kidnapper, rapist and murderer actually dared to beg. He begged the agents to let him alive, but the agents had no intention of letting him get away. A life in custody would mean he had a halfway decent life. Three meals a day, a roof over his head, his own room with bed, closet and TV and a yard where he could go for walks. Hae Jin looked the terrorist in the eye, smiled and pressed the barrel against the fucking guy's head and fired a shot from his gun. The guy fell lifeless to the ground and they had finally accomplished their mission.

In a small room of the house, Zhan and Seung Gi found four survivors. A man, a woman and two little girls. Apparently, they were the real occupants of the house. Fearfully, they sat huddled together in a corner of the tiny room, holding each other in their arms. They prayed and trembled all over as Zhan walked towards the four of them. He reached out his hand to the man and explained who he was and that there was nothing to be afraid of. One of the girls pulled herself out of her mother's arms and jumped into Zhan's arms. She squeezed him tight and thanked him and when her family saw that they were not hurting her, they did the same.

It was an emotional moment for Zhan, but also for the others who also came and found the family crying with happiness. Jiang Cheng and Ling Man took the bodies outside while Zhan, Seung Gi and Hae Jin helped the family to tidy up the house a little. "How long until we can notify the command center?" Ling Man wanted to know when he and Jiang Cheng joined the others Zhan looked at his watch. "About five more hours." He replied, wishing the time would pass quickly.

"You know the first thing I'm gonna do when I get home?" Hae Jin asked. "What?" Asked the others in time. "I'm gonna take a shower and order myself something yummy for dinner." He said and the others agreed with him. "I'm gonna talk to my parents and ask them to call off the engagement to Zoey." Said Jiang Cheng. Zhan looked at him thoughtfully. "Are you sure?" He asked him. Jiang Cheng nodded. "Absolutely. Zoey and I have nothing but hatred for each other. Maybe I'll ask for a transfer to a place where nobody knows me." Said Jiang Cheng.

Zhan could understand it well, because even if He Peng is gone now, everyone would only see him as the agent who was the toy of this dirty pig and who had betrayed his colleagues. "When I get home, I'll visit my mom, give her a hug and then give her a bar of her favorite chocolate." Said Ling Man with a smile. "And I'm going to have a bottle of soju with my wife while enjoying her delicious home-cooked meal." Said Seung Gi. "What are you gonna do, Zhan?" Hae Jin wanted to know "I'm gonna tell my husband that I love him." Said Zhan and there was nothing more important for him now.

Zhan just wanted to go home and take Yibo in his arms and tell him that he loved him. They talked for a while about what they wanted to do when they got back and they all agreed that they didn't want to go on a longer mission again. At seven o'clock they all went outside and searched the sky for the drone, but even two hours later it was not to be seen. No matter how many times they tried to reach the control center, nothing came through but static. "Don't panic, the satellite will be overhead in an hour at the most, then we can reach them over there." Said Zhan and looked at the watch with concern. It was already 4pm in the afternoon at that time and the drone that was supposed to be there since 7am had still not appeared.

When the satellite was above them, they transmitted last night's video footage and were finally able to talk to someone from the command center. "We're sorry, the drone is malfunctioning and the replacement drone is still charging. But good to know where you are, we'll send someone to collect you." Said the agent on the satellite phone to them. Two hours later, a helicopter came and picked up the agents, plus the target's body, and took them to a military base nearby. After a shower and a hot meal, Zhan made a call. "Honey, I'm finally coming home!" He said cheerfully.

 "Honey, I'm finally coming home!" He said cheerfully