Chapter Thirty-Eight

SMALL CHILDREN PLEASE COVER YOUR EYES!
This chapter contains a
🍋 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~{LEMON}~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🍋

"So.... I have a really weird question..." He said as Karen lie asleep on his legs. The Pizza box was left with crusts and empty marinara containers. I was staring at his crappy TV, really focused on the new season of Rick and Morty episodes.

"Me too... Is Rick like... having sex with the dragon right now?" I tilted my head as I watched Rick and Morty's new dragon have some sort of soul orgasm together.

"Heh... I don't know..." he said tiredly, staring at the ground. I watched as Morty entered the scene and Rick grossly enjoys him watching what was happening. I turned to Kenny and realized he really had something on his mind. He looked hopelessly sad.

"What's your question, baby?" I smiled at him, scooting closer and rubbing his thigh. He looked at me.

"Actually... I have a few..." He said. I pulled down his hood and kissed his jaw, encouraging him that everything was okay. He took in a deep breath, leaning into my touch.

"Do you... remember me dying? When I got my arm ripped off... and when you shot me in the head after I saved Butters...?" He asked. To anyone else, they might start laughing and question why he'd say something like that. But I knew exactly what he was talking about. Those thoughts still haunted me. Just the same way Bev and my parents did. The only difference is that Kenny was still sitting right in front of me again.

"Kenny..." I sighed. He looked at me with worried eyes, like he didn't quite want to hear my answer.

"Sometimes I'm scared that I'm getting numb to your deaths... or anyone's death for that matter. I don't know why... I use to be so scared to see-" I trailed off and sighed. I looked down at my hands.

"Now it's like... something I... I want to..." I closed my fists as they started to tremble, and I instantly scrapped my words and threw the idea far away from my head. It got quiet for a second. Why would I say that...?

"So... you do remember?" He asked with his eyes getting watery, pulling me out of my horrified thoughts.

"Well yeah..." I laughed slightly. He hugged me, breathing heavily into my neck.

"Oh thank god... I thought you'd forget... I-I thought no one would ever remember again when you left us..." He told me with a quivering voice. I rubbed his back and kissed his ear. He melted into my touch.

"...Y/n..." he whispered.

"Hm?" I answered.

"I'm so sorry you have to feel the way I do... I mean, Damien knows I'm immortal but he is too. He's like... my cousin I guess? So he doesn't care..." He pulled away and looked at me, "I know what it's like... being numb to death. My own death... Sometimes I use to wonder... if everyone was like that... like I could just walk up and stab Stan in the throat, and he'd come back the next day. It was ridiculous... I still don't understand how you can see my powers, but... I've been so fucked up over this for so long... I've been holding back so many temptations... it's torture... It must be for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to see you die, even if I knew you were coming back." he shuttered.

"But you always come back..." I smiled, "You'd really be surprised... it's terrifying seeing you go... not really knowing if you'll actually come back for sure, but... That makes it so much easier for me to forget sometimes, you know?"

He smiled at me, pressing his forehead against mine.

"I love you..." He he told me, "more than anything or anyone..."