Chapter Twelve

"We still don't have any food??" Kyle questioned the fatass who was staring through the crack of light between the boards on the window.

"I told you Kyle, without my Mahm here to buy us groceries, we won't be eating again for another few days." Cartman said.

"CARTMAN!! That doesn't make any god damn sense!! We have to go out and search for food!" Kyle told him.

"Pfft! And get eaten alive by a bunch of Pringle-lovin hippies? No way..." Cartman said.

"DAMMIT CARTMAN, YOU FAT DICK!! You're the one who ate the rest of the cheesy poofs and sugar crunch baby puff bites this morning!! The rest of us haven't eaten since yesterday morning!! And all you gave us was a package of saltine crackers!!" Kyle yelled, pulling angrily on his own green hat.

"Sounds like a personal problem, Kahl." Cartman said.

"NNGG- GGRRRAAAGH!" Kyle screamed at him.

"Will you shut up, Kahl?? I'm trying to focus on looking for the Pringles so we can turn this town around. And thanks to those cheesy poofs, I think I have an idea of where they might be." He said.

"Oh, whatever about the fucking Pringles, Cartman!!" Kyle spat.

"Kyle..." Ike pulled on his shirt, "When are we gonna have breakfast?"

Kyle looked at his brother with the utmost concern.

"I-I don't know, Ike. I'm still trying to figure things out... But this fat asshole-" Kyle told him before trailing off in frusteration.

"Shut up, Jew boy." Cartman said.

"OUR PARENTS WERE BRAINWASHED CARTMAN!!" Kyle screamed with furious tears in his eyes. Ike started sniffling, wiping his eyes, and gasping quietly.

"Ike... Ike, no, it's okay-"

"It's NOT okay, Kyle!" Ike said, "Everything is bad, and we don't have anything!! No food... no parents... no one's going to save us!"

"Ike, I-" Kyle said, but Ike turned away from him. Kyle just stared with out a clue of what to do.

"Ike, look... I'm sorry I've been yelling.... I'm just really stressed out and... well the truth is, I don't know what to do, either! I'm just trying to make everything fixed, b-but... I don't know how!" Kyle explained to his nine-year-old brother.

"Kyle!!" Heidi came running into the the room.

"What, what is it??" Kyle questioned her seriously.

"It's Stan..." she said. Kyle looked at Cartman in alarm. They rushed into Cartman's mom's room where Token, Jimmy, and Clyde all stood around the bed.

"Oh no..." Kyle said, walking up to Stan as he laid in bed with a sickly look on his face.

"Stan... I thought you said you were starting to feel better..." Kyle said.

"No, dude... It's been getting worse..." Stan croaked.

"He's been getting weaker by the m-mihh... he's been getting weaker by the m-m-m-mh- weaker by the m-m-minute." Jimmy said.

"Stan... Stan what's wrong with you??" Kyle put a hand on him as he started to cough.

"I-I don't know... It's only been a day since we've had food but... it feels like it's been weeks..." He said, coughing again.

"Stan, what's happening to you?!?" Kyle exclaimed.

"I don't know, dude... it feels like my stomach is caving in... I feel really... hydrated. And my brain is filled with... curiosity..." He coughed some more between his words.