Chapter 26

Thank you for being so patient and for coming back to read and experience more in the life of Ahmad and Sakina ❤️
Hopefully this chapter will not disappoint 😁
Happy reading

"Are you ready?" Ahmad called from the hallway as he paced up and down waiting for Sakina. This is the first time they were going over to his mother's house after the whole thing with his Aunt Khadijah.

"Ready" she said as she walked out in her beautiful black abaya with lace lining the bottom. She wrapped her veil around her face and secured it with a pin on the side of her head.
She clutched her big red handbag as she stood in front of Ahmad.

"Wow" he said taking her hand in his and twirling her around "My wife" he whispered  before pulling her closer to him and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you" she blushed "but we have to go or we're going to be late" she walked in front of him with her hand still in his, as she led them out the door.

"Are you sure you want to go?" He asked stopping them as they got to the car.

"Yes, Ahmad, I'm sure" she nodded carresing his cheek "Now let's go" she added getting in.
Ahmad drove them to his mother's house where they were going to meet up with everyone for dinner; Ahmad and Sakina were set to leave for their honeymoon the next day and Omar and Sadiya were going to Egypt to welcome their baby so it was the last time they'd have dinner together for a while and Heba wasn't going to miss an opportunity to get all her children together.
They walked in and found Muneerah and Nada standing by the door.
Muneerah greeted her brother energetically and then turned to say a plain good evening to Sakina before walking off, the couple was greeted by Nada in the same manner before she left them standing there too.

Sakina noticed that there was something really off about Nada but she decided to ignore it attributing it to her normal hatred towards Sakina and instead, she talked to Ahmad about Muneerah's greeting.

"See, I told you it wasn't all in my head" she turned to face Ahmad. Sakina has told Ahmad before that she thought Muneerah didn't like her and Ahmad has accused Sakina of making up the whole 'Muneerah doesn't like her' notion, but he'd just witnessed it himself so there really was no denying it.

"You're right, I'll talk to her" he said placing both hands on Sakina's shoulders.

"Great, that's all I wanted" Ahmad laughed and wrapped his right arm around his wife's shoulders leading them into the house.

In the dining room they found the rest of the family all seated.
After greeting her mother-in-law Sakina ran over to greet a very pregnant Sadiya.

"We're waiting for you baby" Sakina said to her sister-in-law's bulging belly.

"When are we meeting our baby?" Sakina asked looking up to Sadiya.

"First week of August InshaaAllah, hopefully sooner" Sadiya said rubbing her belly.

"It's only a few weeks now, we'll be waiting patiently" Sakina took her seat and dinner was served.
After dinner Omar and Sadiya left to get ready to catch their plane.
Muneerah ran off to her room and Ahmad took that as an opportunity to have a private word with her.

"Hey Munii" he sang as he walked into his baby sister's room.

"Yaya Ahmad" she smiled widely.

"Munii, I need to ask you something. Be honest" she nodded and put her phone down as he sat beside her.

"Has Sakina dove anything to you that would make you not like her, has she upset you in any way?" Her smile faded and she hung her head.