Chapter 8

"Calm down" Amal said in an attempt to calm her littlest sister.

"Amal, how could I?" Sakina said as she collapsed on the bed in her sister's bedroom, laying her head on Amal's lap.

"I'm really sorry this happened to you, hon" Amal said stroking Sakina's very soft curly jet black hair.
As she lay there her phone rang; it was Ahmad for the 10th time wishing the hour. She hissed and rejected the call immediately.
"Why me?" She said dropping the phone beside her on the bed, covering her face with her palms.
Sakina has been hiding out at her sister, Amal's house since after her humiliating date with Ahmad.

"And I was just starting to like him, Amal" she said through her hands making the sound come off as muffled.

"Okay!" Amal exclaimed "Get up" she said getting to her feet, expecting Sakina to do the same; she doesn't.

"Sakina, ki tashi na ce (I said get up), I'm not even playing" Sakina sluggishly got to her feet and stood in front of Amal, the sisters could pass as age-mates as Sakina was exactly the same height as Amal.

"I'm up" she states.

"I'm taking you back to your mother's house"

"Why?" Sakina whined following Amal out of the room.

"Because it's been three whole days and I haven't helped you, I love you, but I think you need Jawa or Mariya to get you out of this funk"
Sakina hesitantly followed her sister back home; she knew the long Easter weekend was over and she needed to get back home anyway.
Amal drove them to the Abdulsalam home and parked inside the compound.

The girls greeted their father and Abdulsalam excitedly welcomed his littlest girl back home; he clearly missed her the few days she was gone.
Sakina didn't tell him what was going on with Ahmad, solely because she knew he would never like Ahmad after she did.

"Fancy seeing you here" Mariya commented as her sisters walked into the twins' room.

"You fled this house after your date, we thought you'd never come back" Maimuna added.

"I missed you guys too" Sakina offered a weak smile.

"Don't fake a smile at me, hajiya Sakinatu" Mariya said waving Sakina over to sit beside her.

"I've brought her back to you guys" Amal announced placing her bag beside Maimuna's bed as she sat by the edge.

"Guys, I'll be fine" Sakina said defensively "I just need a minute to get over it"

"Fine, we can give you a minute"

"Thank you Muna"

"That's all you're getting though" Mariya added squeezing Sakina's shoulders.

"Understood" Sakina smiles her first real smile and Amal could see that she made the right decision in bringing her back home.

~~

Mariya walked into school on Tuesday and took her usual seat for their Tuesday morning Lectures, Ahmad walked in only minutes after sitting beside her.
Mariya put her nose in the air and refused to look at him; he has been trying to call her but she, as well as Sakina, was ignoring his phone calls.

Ahmad tried and failed through their two hour class, so he decided he'd leave it until the end of the class.

"Mariya, please" he pleaded just as she was about to get up.

"What excuse could you possible have?" She finally spoke to Ahmad.

"It really is not what she thought it was, Nada is crazy and-"