Chapter 40/Epilogue

Six years later

"Did you get the cake?" I asked as soon as I heard Ahmad walk through the door.

"Of course I did" I hear him place the cake on the kitchen counter.

"This has to be perfect, it's not every day my first child turns 6 years old" I said as I fiddled with the hot glue stick in my hands.

"You know you do this for every birthday, right? And if you don't slow down your second child is going to pop out right here and now" he said placing his hands on my shoulders. I know he's right, but I roll my eyes and continue what I'm doing anyway.
"What're you even doing?" He asked looking over my shoulder to the table.

"Noura wanted princess tiaras for her and her friends to wear so I've been making them" I turned around handing him one of my completed tiaras. The huge belly sitting in front of me made Ahmad take a little step back.

"That's why we have like a billion and one people here to help you so you don't overwork yourself, but they do look good"

"Fine" I rolled my eyes again, this time he could see it.
I wobbled over to the couch in the living room and sat down. My feet felt like I had been running for weeks and my back felt like it was minutes away from giving up on me.
Our house was completely covered in princess decorations. I made sure we had every single Disney princess; Cinderella, Elsa and Ana from frozen, snow white, if you can name her then there's a picture of her hanging somewhere in the house

"You spoil her too much" Ahmad said as he took in all of our décor.

"I'd argue that I don't spoil her enough" I shrugged. Nourie is my first baby, I've had her from her first week in this world – if she wants something you best believe I'm getting it for her.

Ahmad doesn't much like how I pamper her, but we balance each other out so it's all good.

"How is my beautiful, radiant baby mama doing?" He asked as he sat beside me and spoke directly to my belly.

"You mean your incubator? I feel horrible, but I think the little guy in my stomach sucking the life from my body is doing fantastic- he's been kicking all day"

"I told you I think it's a girl" Ahmad argued.

"And I know it's a boy" Sakina replied, sure of herself "I told you all Nourie was going to be a girl didn't I? I also predicted Amal's twins were going to be boys and I was right there too"

"Alright miss know-it-all, we get it" he playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Daddy!" Noura screamed as she charged towards her father.

"How's my big girl?" Ahmad caught the running girl in his arms and lifted her up in the sky before resting her on his lap.

"Fine" she smiled as she played with his beard; she did that every single time he picked her up.

"You look like a real princess you know, your dress is very beautiful" he said straightening out her dress.

"Thank you daddy, Maama ta siya min" (Maama bought it for me).

"And look what else she made you" he held up the tiara I gave him earlier.

"A crown" she screeched.
Ahmad placed the tiara on her head full of dark brown hair that I packed in a high bun.

"Thank you Maama" she sang as she leaped to hug me. She was now very careful not to hit my belly, but at first it took us a lot of practice.

"You're welcome baby girl" I kissed her perfect little chubby cheeks.