Chapter 17

20 years ago

"Can't you drive faster, I'm going to be late for my meeting" He yelled at his driver from the backseat where he sat.
He was annoyed at the fact that his slow driving chauffeur would make him late for a meeting he was having at the office.

"Drive faster or I'll take the wheel and drive myself, then you'll be out of a job and that wouldn't be my fault" as soon as he spoke the words the driver stepped on the gas and it was starting to look like he would make it after all.

That was until there was a loud thud and the car came to an abrupt stop, almost jolting him to the front seat.

"What is going on, Vincent?" He asked angrily. What has this man done now? He thought to himself.

He got out of the car just as Vincent did and found a horrific scene before him.

"What happened, Vincent?" He asked in shock. He moved closer to the scene and his horror only increased.

"I didn't see her, sir, she came out of nowhere" Vincent cried.
He walked over to the girl laying motionless on the floor and placed his fingers on her neck to feel if she still had a pulse; thankfully she did.

"Help me put her in the car Vincent, she needs to go to the hospital" the two men lifted her off the ground and put her in the backseat. He stayed in the backseat while Vincent drove them to the nearest hospital.

They arrived minutes later and she was carted into the emergency room so her wounds could be tended to.

"Please take good care of her" He instructed the doctors and nurses that surrounded her.

"I didn't see her, I swear sir I didn't see her" Vincent said over and over again; he was clearly in shock.

"It's okay Vincent, just find a place and sit, everything will be fine"

"What about your meeting sir?" Vincent asked.
His phone was ringing every two minutes; he really needed to be there.
Just then, his phone rang again and it was calm enough for him to answer.

"Where are you, sir, they're about to start and the representatives from Ajman are here" his assistant said from the other end of the phone.

"I'll be there in 20minutes, stall for me" he instructed and turned off the phone before turning back to answer Vincent.

"You need to stay here, my wife is on her way. She will see everything through, let the doctors know. I have to go" he said and asked for the car keys from his driver before he walked out.
His driver was still in shock and very surprised that his boss could still walk out and attend a meeting minutes after they hit a someone.

~~~

"I'm looking for my husband, his name is Abdulsalam" Vincent heard a voice coming from behind him; she was talking to someone at the door.

"Good afternoon, ma" Vincent said moving closer to her.

"Vincent, what happened and where is my husband?" she asked.
Vincent told her everything that happened and she cupped her hand over mouth.

"How is she?" She asked and just before he answered a doctor approached us.

"Mrs. Abdulsalam Muhammad?" He asked and she nodded.

"We were told to expect you. The young girl is fine, we admitted her for observation for some time but they should be alright" at first Amina just nodded at the doctor's update before she realized what he said.

"They?" Amina asked with a look of confusion on her face.

"Yes, her and the baby" he said and Amina clutched her gut.