Twenty two

Chapter 22: First Morning

Amber

In my life, it is not an unknown fact that I never really get myself drunk in parties; parties that I rarely got to attend in my senior years in high school due to Eres' crap and all. Exo was a pretty dangerous group to be with in a celebration with alcohol involved, because fire, light, water, frost and electricity may get out of hand and we wouldn't want that. So aside from being really young for liquor, they are (I'm guilty as well) definitely deadly with it shoved in their system too.

It is never unfamiliar to me, the struggles of the drunken nights that my friends cause back then. But as evil as may seem, I always get satisfaction from the morning they wake-up feeling like sht—this is what they get for turning me into a paranoid babysitter the night before.

Now I feel bad for the fulfillment that I got from their morning agonies. If I heard the testimonies right, this is so much similar to a hung over—maybe worse. My head is pounding all over, my brain might have been mushed. I twist and turn on the fortunately soft covers of the bed, but I felt the sore of my exhausted body everywhere.

I groaned wearily. My muscles are burning from all the strain and beating it got yesterday. I did hear soft speaking voices last night, but every detail before I passed out were all vague and gargled.

As a reflex, I hovered my hands over my face to check if the blindfold is still there and it would be safe to open my eyes. But instead of soft cloth covering my sight, I touched the familiar texture of glass. Despite the grogginess, I have an idea of what this is. Or is it....

I have my goggles back!

I shot my eyes open, and relief washed over me when none of the things upon my sight exploded. But I cannot ignore the unfamiliarity of the coded data hovering all over my vision before it got cleared. These were definitely not my glasses.

I promptly sat up upon the realization that they were informed of the havoc that these eyes can cause. It also dawned into me that I woke up yesterday with something covering these lethal eyeballs. They definitely know about my ability and its defects.

Perhaps, due to my luck or with Baekhyun's speaking charms, I'm placed in a rather—and way more comfy position than before. This room is too cozy and luxurious for a captive-slash-prisoner like me. If I'm not mistaken, with all the complimentary colors of grey and dark blue, and queen-sized bed, this must be a master's bedroom.

I scanned the interior in awe, seeing every furniture and stuff neatly piled in place. The dark blue curtains gave faint light from outside the huge windows. The wooden gray cabinets are tall, and the walls are also painted in a shade of blue and gray. I swing my legs to the sides, and my feet met with soft and neat floormats. In arrears of the headboard of the bed was a wall, and in its side is a door which I assume is locked.