Twenty One

Chapter 21: Captive

Omniscient

Amber finally stirred and flinched when she tried to move. Whatever the chemical that is shoved down her airways, it is certain that the effect still lingers in her system because she can feel her head cracking into half.

She attempted to shake the haze of dizziness and sleep away, and she then realize that aside from her head, she can barely move anything. Her hands are in restraint somewhere in her back, and it was the same condition for her legs as well. She heard muffled voices, seemingly arguing quietly.

"I'm sorry, I should have known better."
"It's an honest mistake. Stop sulking too much over it."
"Yeah, but because of this, they'll surely come after you all. The Alpha would not be fond about this."
"Shut the hell up. I'm trying to think"
"He's right though, I know who that person is. We're practically doomed."

The situation finally dawned into Amber and panic instantly consumed her. The cobwebs of unconsciousness and confusion were promptly brushed aside as she began to process the situation she's forced under. Her fright binge on her guts, as her insides tangle with the nervousness and apprehension.

"Where the heck am I?!" and when she shot her eyes open, she recognized the cloth tied around her head to cover her eyes.

"The agent's awake." A male voice stated the obvious.

No, no it can't be!

Amber's mind is now thrown into chaos, and even if she forces herself to think of a plan to escape, her current mental state is deeply failing her. Her mind wrapped around the concept of being in danger, and her condition raised spontaneous red lights, throwing her on the highest level of alarm

In just a split second, she's in brink of tears. Her vulnerability and desperation are strangling her, and even with the great desire to hide her break down in face of the enemy, her emotions speak louder; Those tears were not fear, but the salty proof of her defeat and helplessness.

"Get me out of here!" it was a failed attempt to appear violent and intimidating, because her voice faded into sobs. She struggled to break free, but her wrist burnt against the rough ropes. She tried to use her shoulders to remove the blindfold, but a pair of strong arms pressed it to stop her from struggling.

"Calm down!"

"Shut up! Let me go!" she bit the hands gripping on her shoulders. She heard an irritated noise of disbelief. But as soon as he removed his hands, it goes straight to the back of her head. Amber felt the cloth over her eyes tightening. Amber yelled, feeling her cuts opening in her temples.