Five

Chapter 5: Byun Baekhyun

Amber

After Jaehee's statement, I felt my whole back tensed. My gut is tangling in nervousness and fright.

"Worse than code orange?" I repeated. Jaehee's expression conveyed a look of concern as she was seeing how I'm taking in all these weight and confusion.

Baekhyun and a light beacon... how foolish of me to take it as one of Baekhyun's recklessness and mess. He might have released that beacon to give us a signal.

"The CCTV cameras on the establishment caught this." Jaehee said and then played a footage on the wide screen of the computer.

I looked up and watched intently, my heart still pounding against my chest, not just with confusion but with utter dread that Baekhyun might not be okay.

I saw a black van  and three men in wolf masks on the screen. One of them is holding an item I cannot recognize. They carefully and quietly approached our clueless agent, unloading groceries from his cart.

The  commotion started to unravel then. There were flashes of lights and civilians running away. The unknown men imposed a great threat but Baekhyun, with evident alarm in his expression, fought back without hesitation.

The video then went blank with a strong ray of light. The light beacon. He must have felt so desperate and outnumbered so he decided to make that. He's hoping to activate the distress signals.

With my breath ceasing with every hit that Baekhyun is receiving, I still urged myself not to look away, afraid to miss any essential detail. There were still flashes of light... but strangely, with dark mist-like smoke appearing from time to time.

Among the the three men, Baekhyun was now fighting one while the other two stood behind, waiting for an opportunity to attack. He was short compared to his attacker's size whose fighting I consider equal to Baekhyun's hapkido mastery. 

Baekhyun was able to release a light laser together with one of his kicks and it sliced through the man's lower abdomen. He's thrown in the floor with his body in an oddly bent angle.

My gut flipped when I saw how the two other men grab him  and put a black bag on his face.

Baekhyun is desperately resisting. At least that is what I can make out of the images. Because the video went out and completely gone blank and distorted