Eight

Chapter 8: Without Light

Amber

I still don't know how to adjust with the tensed, worried and silent environment with Baekhyun's absence. The captain had been quieter, observing everything with the captured stranger named Zitao. Eres had been stricter towards Exo and they had been all absent in their daily usual routines.

Three days after Baekhyun's abduction and Zitao's arrest, we are all still left empty-handed. Aside from assumptions, we have nothing and we are unable to trace the identities of any of the Wolves, including Zitao. His data had been all deleted. As if his capture was a indication that he was not a part of the Wolves anymore. His identity vanished from the cloud and digital systems. His features match no one in any local and international database.

Baekhyun was left unfound because of the unsolved mystery of his captors. No lead with the possible culprit and mastermind, then no lead towards Baekhyun.

I ran my fingers through my white hair. I cannot speak of my hunches with anyone... except Chen. I am aware that he's thinking the same way.

Kris.

Everyone is oblivious of the possibilities under the shadows of the missing guy. Though I'll admit that thinking about him is an emotional torment for me, I had to face the probabilities that he can be behind this entire commotion.

I admit that I'm still torn into half, because on the other hand, I knew that Kris would never lay a finger to his brothers.

I am the closest to him, and if anyone around here knew him by heart, it was me. I am certain he would not do something like that, yet... I can not think of anyone who can make us stray with technology like this.

I cannot name anyone who can manipulate computers and databases better than Kris. He was better than Chen; he was his mentor. Though, I am still open to any possibility that there would be someone out there who is as capable as him.

Perhaps the members did not suspect of Kris, or they might be talking among themselves, getting me out of it knowing that it might be too insensitive.

I pulled my sheets and laid on my side. I glanced at my digital clock, seeing that it's past twelve and I'm still wide awake.

It's been days since the incident and appearance of a possible lead, yet nothing productive and helpful was done today. I doubt that the Exo members are having a good night sleep as well. I know that they are as troubled and worried as I am.