Twenty

Chapter 20: Capture

Amber

I was ten years old when an ability wielder appeared before me. He can manipulate any liquid matter and can produce water out of thin air-or rather manipulating the vapor around. Shortly after his entrance in my life, another one arrived. A foreigner who defies gravity in all state and surpasses a bullet's speed when released into the air.

Amidst our young age, we were the forerunners of the special sub-unit and the two of them were the pioneers of Exo. We sought for one extra ordinary person after another, and I thought that the quest was over after successfully recruiting a boy who emits radioactive lights.

I honestly thought that Baekhyun was the last after detecting "peace and silence" all those years. I also am intimidated by the power that these boys radiate, as I perfectly knew that all of them combined can cast an unquestionable obliteration upon (as exaggerated as it may seem) the world.

And one can now imagine how great is the quivering of my knees right now. Literally and figuratively. The earthquake was strong under our feet, and there's a pretty high chance that this tremble can throw me off this building. I cannot ignore the growing pit in my gut, acknowledging my defeat because of how frightened I am right at this very moment.

My neurons are firing faster than how my brain can handle all the information. I never really am present with Exo in their recent fights as I am required to stay in my post within the safe corners of the headquarters, and seeing my dear comrades fight to death now added that spice in my career. -- Just a bit pointless, undesirable and deadly spice. It cannot be denied that this, so far, was the most nerve wrecking match they've ever gotten themselves into.

I wanted all the terror in my organs to subside knowing that I should have anticipated for this. For Pete's sake, It's Code Black! I should not be expecting rainbows and cupcakes and a glorious chronicle of victory to be added on their endless lists of accomplishments. I should be expecting blood, and fight, and doom and destruction....

But I am nowhere near prepared for all this sht!

I bet someone out there can relate to the anxiety that is strangling me today. I am, truly terrified. Just a half minute ago, Exo is winning, and now, because of the unexpected reinforcement, the wolves are back on their track.

The seemingly endless moving of the ground was put into halt. I gradually pulled myself back up, as I untied Jaehee from the railings.

"Captain, I am ready."

Chen was now on the edge of the rooftop, arms on the side and palms facing upwards. I can sense him summoning his power with all those sparks of electricity running along the sleeves of his hoodie and cackling around his body.