Ten

Chapter 11: Wolf

Amber

"Amber, do you have a minute? Come with me. Let's check the security cameras." Suho nudged me and walked first. He glanced back again to gesture at Chen to come with us.

The three of us walked away from the immobilizing room, while Xiumin, Chanyeol and Jaehee hurried inside it to investigate further. I can understand their panic. Not that we only have a missing member, but we also lost our only possible lead to find Byun Baekhyun.

I followed the captain and Chen, their backs facing me. No one is saying a word. I can compare the gestures between the both from behind, and I cannot help but agree with the idea that Suho's doing well managing all of the commotion calmly.

This is how he acts since then. He may not be the best of keeping it all together since I can still see subtle gestures of distress, but the captain is doing a good job conveying courage to his colleagues. I'm sure that Mr. Lee, the CEO, would not be impressed by Exo's considered worst failure, and the captain's unbothered would be shielding the rest of us from humiliation and prick vocabulary of the officers.

We got to the room where all the video footages are being kept. Just like how I imagined it to be, a full wall of monitors from every angle of Eres' facility.

"Mister, the video footage in the immobilizing room please."

"I am certain that the tape is not tampered since you requested for it only a while ago. But there is clearly something wrong with it." The officer-in-charge of the videos stated in almost a mumble. I shifted my weight from one foot to another, my stomach uncomfortable with all the nervousness and frustration.

"Yes, I thought of that. I am also aware that the captive is heavily monitored and guarded, but he still managed to escape. We appreciate the hard work Sir, thank you." Suho said, affirming the officer.

"Chen, I want you to closely observe this."

We intently watched the video footage of Zitao in the immobilizing room, sitting quietly with his hands handcuffed behind and feet tied to the chair.

I did not blink, afraid to miss any essential detail. Zitao might be thinking hard to figure out a plan, but his expression says otherwise. His face is deadly calm.

Moments later, the handcuffs behind Zitao gently fell apart.