Twenty-nine

Chapter 29: The Compound

Although I did not question, I did find it strange when Kyungsoo suddenly asked me to change into clothes that I would be comfortable moving in with. The pair of pajamas that Lay lent me last night can do, but it is not really what we call presentable.

Oddly, Kyungsoo led me outside to "show me around the grounds more". I am becoming more immune to confusion by this time around since it was what I kept on receiving since I arrived here. I feel like the boy might be forgetting that I can dash my ass out of here and escape. Although of course, I wouldn't do that. Not when Kyungsoo is around, at least.

My eyes and skin dearly missed the outdoor breeze and sunlight. It is very quiet here; I cannot hear any vehicles around. This is very different from the hustling city I was accustomed to, and it felt strangely great and calming. After all the things that has happened to me, I appreciate this kind of serenity.

Perhaps I am quite dismissive, because one would think that I might be forgetting the mess I got myself into. There all those chaotic and confusing matters I have come to know but not fully grasp yet. I've been squeezing it tight in my "later" box, because I know there would be more. If I sit down and look at each thought, my head's positively going to explode.

"We use bike to go around the compound." Kyungsoo began to unlock one of the bikes in the side. "You can use Kai's bike there. He rarely even uses it to go around places anyway."

"Yeah, I figured." I said. Things must have been pretty convenient for that punk, and that is annoying. On top of that, he must be having expensive rides to school, thanks to the Kim's enormous assets. The thought just makes me frown.

Thankfully, the black bicycle looks like it is in good condition. Kyungsoo began riding other bike after unlocking Kai's. He is riding the dark blue one. He started to pedal, giving me a signal to follow him. We began the chilly ride outside the gates of the mansion.

*****

Surprisingly, there are quite more people than I expected. Many were walking as if they have all the time in the world, while many also walk as if they are running out of it. It's a pretty diverse crowd they got here. I saw people from different ages, and even different nationalities. Although, I cannot really deny the fact that most of the people are Asians, from middle east to south east. From shade of white to brown.

Many were riding bikes or electronic scooters too, and this place is so far the most environmental-friendly compound I have ever seen. Perhaps, next to Sanctuaries. I trailed few feet away from Kyungsoo, and he said that people here are required to cut their carbon footprints, hence the bikes and e-scooters.

Aside from working buildings that are obviously offices, this "compound" has places for housing people too. We even passed by few daycare centers and a small elementary school. This reminds me of military camps where soldiers live with their families and were cadets train in the grounds. The location looks very secluded in the city, where there are more trees than people and hardly any four wheeled vehicles.