where's Arthur?

~~~~♛~~~~

The wind hitting your face was cool while riding back to camp. You missed being able to ride your horse freely and go where you wanted to. But you still had one thought on your mind, your father.

"You know why I left right?" You say to John.

He sighs, "yeah, we all do."

"So why did you bring me back? I left to keep you all safe and now I'm back where I started." You told him.

"We care more about your safety than ours. Besides, your father has nothing on us." He laughs.

You just smile and take in your surroundings. There is a long pause of silence, but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

"Listen" John starts. "I know I have been weird in the past, with kissing you and all, but it's over. I respect your choice of being with Arthur and honestly, it's better than being with me anyways. I just want you to know there's no bad blood between any of us."

"Thank you John." You respond. You smile, knowing hopefully things could get better between everyone. You arrive at camp. Karen and Tilly run up to greet you.

"It's so good to see you back!" Tilly smiles.

"Yeah maybe Miss Grimshaw will lay off us and give all the work to you now" Karen says. You all laugh.

"Y/n!" You hear from the other side of camp. It's Kieran. He runs over and pulls you into a tight hug. You felt bad as most of the time you were with the gang, you didn't do much with Kieran, you were always busy with Arthur. But Kieran understood, all he cared about was you being happy. "I'm glad your back y/n" he said.

"Me too" you said smiling at him.

You talk to everyone for a little before going to sit down at the table, you were anxious waiting for everyone else to arrive. You were lost in thought, and didn't notice Mary-Beth sit down next to you. "Hello y/n" she said.

"Oh hey" you smile. You never really talked to Mary-Beth since you started talking to Arthur, she always just glared at you from a distance.

"I wanted to apologize." You raise an eyebrow. "I know how I've been about you and Arthur, and I'm sorry, it was just hard for me to see him with someone." She says.

You smile, "don't worry about it."

"Now, let's get ready for everyone to arrive." She says standing up.

You helped do laundry, you were so happy everything was back to normal. While chatting with the girls, you heard the horses come into camp. You stood up, your eyes surveying everyone coming in, looking for Arthur, but you didn't see him. You walk over, everyone getting off their horses to greet you.

"It's good to have you back." Dutch says putting his hand on your shoulder. You smile. Before you could ask about Arthur, Dutch told everyone to gather around.

"As you can see, we got Miss l/n back, but we also accomplished something else." You look at him in confusion. "Colm will no longer be bothering us. He's dead." Everyone starts to cheer, except you. It's not like you were upset, he was an awful man, but he never gave you a reason to want him dead. But you knew there was nothing you could do about it. Everyone started to drink to celebrate the victory. You noticed Javier sitting by the fire by himself. You go over and sit down. "Javier, why didn't Arthur come back." You ask.

"Of course I'm the one who has to tell you." He rolled his eyes. He then looked at you sympathetically "Arthur went to find your father."

You face goes blank. "W-what?"

"He knew you left to keep him safe, so he told me he wasn't coming back until he was dealt with so you wouldn't worry." Javier told you.

You didn't know what to think. You didn't want Arthur to get hurt trying to help you. "Where did he go?" You asked Javier.

"Into Saint Denis, where you guys last saw him." He replied.

You stood up and walked over to your horse, Javier following you. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"I need to go, I need to be the one to deal with my father." You got on your horse. Javier knew he couldn't stop you, so he stepped back and nodded. "Be safe, and come home this time" he said.

You smile and mouthed "thank you". You road off. You headed straight to Saint Denis, you weren't sure how you were going to find them, but you were going to try. You first headed into the train station, asking everyone if they have seen either Arthur or you father, no luck. You walk around town, asking anyone you can, but no one has seen them. You sigh, realizing it's harder than you thought to find them. You walk into the nearest saloon. You walk up to the bar and sit down. You order a drink and sigh. "How am I going to find them." You mumble. You suddenly hear a loud thud coming from above you. You look at the bartender. "What's up there?" You ask.

"Rooms we rent out. There is a fella staying up there, maybe he fell or something." He said.

"I'll go check." You reply. You stand up. You walk up the stairs and towards the rooms. You stop when you suddenly hear talking.

"You came back." You hear a voice say. You recognize the voice instantly, it was your father.

"Looks like it did." Another voice says. You gasp realizing it's Arthur, you found them. You slowly start to walk towards the room, staying out of sight.

"Where my daughter, the girl you're for some reason protecting." Your father says.

"She's safe, away from you." Arthur replies.

"Why are you here? Doing her dirty work?"

"Sir, I love your daughter, more than I loved anyone before. And I would do anything to protect her. And it seems like besides her brother, no one else cares about her."

"She's not worth it. She killed the woman I love because she was jealous, think want she will do to you if she ever sees you cozy up with another woman."

"You didn't care about y/n. Your 'wife' killed your son and you didn't care about that either. Y/n did what she had to so no one else got hurt."

"Do not talk bad about my wife" your father said getting angrier and stepping towards Arthur.

"I'm here so y/n doesn't have to live in fear that you are coming to hurt her, and I'm not leaving until your dealt with" Arthur said standing his ground.

"Only one of us is walking out of here it seems, and it's going to be me." Your father says moving to hit Arthur. Before anything you step into the room, pointing your shot gun at your father. "Stop" you say.

Arthur looks at you in shock. He hasn't seen you in so long. Your father chuckles, "well this just got very interesting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: hey :) I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading this far, the story is almost over, and I really hope you enjoy the rest! Again, thank you so much :)))