im only interested in you

~~~~♛~~~~

You walk up to the Mayor and his close group and smile at them. They all stop talking to take a look at you. You grabbed a glass of champagne on you way over hoping to give it to the Mayor to loosen him up a bit. You hand it to him and he takes it without hesitation.

"What is a pretty lady like you doing here?" He asks.

"I'm not from around here, I wanted to see if what was said about Saint Denis is true." You smile.

He takes your hand and kisses it. "I'm sure it will live up to your expectations."

You continue talking, often grabbing more champagne and handing it to him, he always takes them. You can tell by his mannerism that he is getting drunk, and that's exactly what you wanted.

"So.. why don't you tell me everything about Saint Denis." You ask trying to get something out of him. "Like how does this town have so much money?" You question.

He laughs. "How about we go inside where it's quiet, and I'll tell you anything you want to know." He says while taking your hand. You nod. He weaves you through the crowd. As you pass Bill he nods at you, knowing your going to get something good out of the Mayor. Hosea looked at you with a bit of worry on his face, but he knew you would be safe. You have gotten much closer to Hosea the past few weeks. You see him almost as a father figure, and it's nice to have someone like that. The mayor takes you into the house and up into his office, he closes the door behind him. He smiled at you. You had to make him believe you were curious in him, and not the money, and it was working.

Arthur follows Dutch up to Bronte. As they arrived, Dutch began asking questions about the people at the party, hopping to get something out of him. Arthur was supposed to pay attention to see if he could catch anything, but his mind was only on y/n. He knew he was being a dick to her, but he couldn't help it. But he still worried for her. His eyes followed her as she walked through the crowd. His insides boiled as he saw all the men trying to flirt with her. He watched as she went directly to the mayor. "She knows what she's doing" he thought. He watched as she flirted with him and got him more drunk.

"Arthur here is always up to help you with anything you need, right Mr. Morgan?" He snapped out of his thoughts to here Dutch say.

"Uhh yeah, it's no worries." He replied.

"Excellent." Angelo Bronte responded.

"Well it's about time me and Arthur go join the party, thank you so much for having us." Dutch says while walking away, Arthur following. Dutch was talking about what he heard from Bronte but Arthur couldn't pay attention. They both walked outside and headed down to the party. Once Arthur was in the crowd, he tried looking for y/n but could see anything. He then saw the Mayor and her walking to the house, with Bill nodding at her. Arthur became furious. He was never really the jealous type but she were different. He started to follow them inside, but staying far enough back to make sure no one saw him. He followed them up to his office and hid outside the door. He was able to hear what was being said through the thin walls.

"You know, that dress would look beautiful with a necklace" The Mayor said to you. "Here, I have the perfect one."

You watch as he turns around and opens a safe, you look over his shoulder to see him put the numbers in. "45-23-17" you remember in your head. He opens the door and you see money and a beautiful necklace. He pulls it out and puts it around your neck. "Beautiful." He says. "This cost a lot of money, don't loose it." He chuckles. You laugh, "don't worry, I won't". The mayor starts to move closer to you. And puts his hands on your waist. You aren't quite sure what to do. "I've been fighting the urge to kiss you all night" he says.

"Oh well.. uhm" is all you can manage to get out.

"Come on, just a little one." He asks

"I'm not sure I'm quite comfortable with that s-sir" you manage to say.

His eyes fill with anger. "You flirt with me, get me to give you this necklace, and now you won't do what I say?" He leans in to try and kiss you.

"Please stop" you say trying to push him away.

Suddenly you hear the door open. "She said no" you hear Arthur's deep voice say. You sigh with relief.

"Who are you?" The Mayor asks turning around. Before anymore words could be said, Arthur knocks him out. He turns to look at you. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" you respond, still upset with him from earlier. "I had it covered"

"I don't think you did" he said. You turn to walk out the room until he grabs your arm and turns you to face him. "Where are you going?" He asks

"Back to the party." You try and turn to walk away but he pulls you right back. "What are you doing Arthur? First you don't want to be seen with me and now you don't want me to leave. What's gotten into you?" You ask.

He sighs, "I heard you and Micah." He says

Your face goes blank, he knows about you and John. "I-I can explain" you start to say.

"I forgot to grab something out of my room this morning so I started to head upstairs, but I heard Micah say something to you. I heard his talk about you and John, and i also heard Micahs offer."

You watch his face drop, "and I shouldn't be mad about you and John, he was the first person to be nice to you, i get that, but still. And the thought of you and Micah together disgusted me, you deserve way better than him." He said

You sigh taking his hand. "I'm sorry about me and John, but I'm not interested in him, I'm only interested in you" you smile. "And the only reason I was considering Micahs offer is because I didn't want to loose you..." you trail off.

Arthur cups your face and smiles, and then brings you into a soft kiss. "Don't worry, you won't loose me" he smiles. He pulls you into a hug. "You do truly look beautiful in that dress y/n" he says. Your smile quickly turns deviant as you start to run you hands up Arthur shirt and undo the top button. He laughs, "not here princess". You frown, but take his hand. He leads you back to the party. Everyone regroups and gets back in the stage coach. You show Dutch the necklace and tell them you know the safe combination. He smiles and thanks you for your hard work. Everyone talks about there finds the whole way home.