we go in at dusk

~~~~♛~~~~

It's been a week since you went back. It's been awful. Colm hasn't been bad but the other guys aren't to happy with the way your being treated. When people used to betray Colm, he wouldn't hesitate to kill them in the most inhuman way. But you were different. You hated the fact that it was because he had some type of interest in you, but at least your weren't dead. It could be worse.

You quite often found yourself think about Arthur and everyone else. You miss them. You knew you shouldn't have left, but you also knew staying would put Arthur in danger, and you didn't want that. You wondered how he was doing. Does he miss you as much as you missed him? You would never know. There was no chance of you getting out of camp so you knew you wouldn't see him again. You sigh. You miss everything. His smile, his hugs, the warm embrace you fell asleep in every night. It was hard without him. You were jolted out of thought by Colm.

"I have some news y/n" he says.

You look at him confused.

"I'm letting you out of here. You have proven you have nothing on the Van Der Linde gang and that you won't betray us again, it would be nice to have you working again." He says.

"Working" for Colm was much different than "working" for Dutch. Dutch allowed you to get out and help bring in money. You had a say in plans and you always felt included. Here, all you did was clean up after everyone. Wash clothes and dishes, make sure everyone had what they needed. Sure, you help with these things in Dutch's gang, but you never felt out of the loop.

You stand up for the first time in a week, you start to fall but are able to catch yourself. You walk out of the shed to see the sun shining. You smile and take a deep breath in.

"I had you tent set up where it was" Colm points over to your stuff. "Thank you" you reply.

"You seriously let her out? After what she did?" One of the men said. Colm went over to talk to the men as you went to lay down. You saw everyone gather around Colm and sneaking glances at you. You just rolled your eyes and turned over. You thought about Arthur again, wondering what he was doing at that moment.

"We know where the camp is" Javier yells to Dutch as him and John ride into camp. Dutch, Arthur, and Lenny meet up with them to see what they found. Javier and John went out to see if they could find any information about you or the O'Driscolls. All week the camp had been trying to find things out. Sadie once saw a few O'Driscolls in town but wasn't able to follow them as they started to get suspicious. John and Javier went to ask around. They found out from Alden in the train station that stage coaches have been being robbed in the area. He told them about one going through that morning and they went to stake it out. They stayed back as they saw O'Driscolls robbing the coach, and followed them once they left. They were able to stay far enough back to not get caught. They saw the camp but didn't see you.

"We heard a few guys talking about her" Javier said.

"They apparently aren't happy because Colm is treating her decent even though she left them" John says. "They made it sound like he likes her"

Arthur groaned in disgust.

"Okay good. At least we know where she is and that she's okay. When Colm takes a liking to someone, he keeps them safe." Dutch says.

"But won't that make it harder to get her?" Lenny adds.

Dutch laughs. "He may keep her safe, but he would never put his life before her. If it comes down to it, he will save himself, he's always been selfish."

"So what are we going to do" Arthur asks.

"We all have to go. The more people the better. Colm has a lot of men. Someone needs to stake out the camp, find out where y/n is being kept. Then, someone will sneak in and place dynamite where she won't get hurt and blow it up. It will surprise everyone giving us the upper hand and hopefully getting y/n out fast." Dutch say, running his plan by everyone.

"We have to make sure she doesn't get hurt. John says.

"That will be your job John, when we get there, you go get her and get her out of there. We need Arthur on guns so he can't do it." Dutch says.

"I got it." John nods.

"We will do it tomorrow." Dutch says. He calls charles over. "Charles, take Sadie and go find out where they are keeping y/n." He nods and gets Sadie. They head out. "Everyone make sure you are ready tomorrow, we go in at dusk." Everyone leaves to go do their own thing. John goes up to talk to Arthur. "You ready for tomorrow?" He asks.

"I guess." Arthur shrugs. "You better make sure she gets here safe Marston or I swear to god"

"Calm down, you know I will make sure nothing happens to here." John says. Deep down he still had feelings for y/n, but he wouldn't do anything to hurt Arthur.

"I know" Arthur sighs. "I just don't know what I'll say to her."

"Don't worry about it right now. All that matters is we get her home safe." John says.

Arthur nods and heads up to his room. He thinks about tomorrow and seeing you. He isn't sure what to say to you and if you even want them to save you. But John was right. Your safety was more important then his feelings, he just hoped the plan would work and they could get you out safe.