welcome home

~~~~ ♛~~~~

You wait for nightfall to execute your plan. You have been talking to Colm all day about how you want to talk to the man to see what you can get out of him by acting all sweet to try and trick him. Of course this wasn't true, but it was the only way to get his approval. Colm finally gave in and told you to talk to him later.

As the sun went down, you grabbed all your things and put them in a small bag. You didn't have much. Just a few clothes that Colm got you and a picture of your brother. Your brother was the most important person to you and you couldn't loose the photo. You hide the bag in a bush and then walk over to the shed.

"He's waiting for you. He just got a good beating though so I don't know how much he will talk" the Guard says with a deep laugh.

"Okay, i'll see what I can do" you reply.

You walk into the shed and see the man hanging still. His nose is bleeding and he has cuts all over. You feel so bad but your mind is focused on escaping.

"Okay i'm going to cut you down, but i'm going to interrogate you at the same time so the guards don't become suspicious" you tell him.

He nods.

"Wait, what's your name?" You ask. How you didn't know his name is beyond you but you didn't have time to think about it

"Arthur Morgan" the man whispers

You reach into your pocket and pull out a knife. You reach up to where his feet are tied.

"Hey Mr. Morgan. It looks like you have a slight problem." You cringe at the words coming out of your mouth. "You know, I could help you if you tell me a few things" you continue.

He rolls his eyes at you while you continue cutting.

"How about you tell me something about your gang, and I'll get you something to drink." you say as you finish cutting the ropes. You grab him quickly so he doesn't hit the ground hard and make a lot of noise.

"Hey! Can you grab a cup of water for Mr. Morgan, he's being extra good." you yell out to the guard.

"Sure, but be careful alone with him" the guard says.

You quickly get Arthur to his feet so you can get out of there before anyone comes back. You help him walk out the door and over to one of the horses. You help him up and grab your bag so you can leave. As you start to move, you hear a yell.

"Hey y/n! What the hell do you think your doing!" The guard yells

"Shit" you say while storming off.

Gunfire rises from behind you as you start to get chased. Colm is fuming and sends a whole group after you. You quickly cut off the path and into the woods. Arthur is holding on to your waist tightly as he's trying not to fall off. You ride for a while until you know you are clear. You hop off your horse to catch your breath.

"Holy Shit... I did it!" you cheer to yourself and jump around. You excitement is cut short when you look at Arthur and see him getting pale.

"Hey where i'd your camp, let me take you so you can get some help" you asked

He laughs. "why should i tell you O'Driscoll, you'll just lead Colm to us"

"I'm not with them. They picked me up 4 months ago and I have been staying with them. But I had no where else to go."

"why?" Arthur asked. You knew he didn't trust you but the longer you stood around and told stories, the quicker he would die. And the story wasn't something you wanted to talk about anyways.

"Please Mr. Morgan. I need to get you help." you demand

"We are hold up in Clemens Point" Arthur replies.

You hop on your horse and ride off. You know exactly where's he's talking about as you grew up near there. The ride is silent until Arthur starts questioning you.

"So if your not an O'Driscoll, who are you?" he asked

"My name is f/n l/n. I'm 19. Colm found me 4 months ago while I was on the run"

"Who were you running from?" he continues

"It doesn't matter, i just want to get you home safe so I need to focus" you said. It pained you to think about your past. You knew you needed to talk about it eventually, but you hopped it wasn't soon.

"Wait, but where are you going to stay now?" Arthur asked.

"I don't know, I'll figure it out" you reply. The rest of the ride was silent.

You ride into the camp being greeted by guns in your face.

"Who are you, and why do you have Mr. Morgan" someone with a Mexican accent asked.

"My name is y/n. Arthur was kidnapped by Colm O'Driscoll, I brought him back"

"Arthur. Arthur!" you hear a deep voice yell

"Dutch..." is all Arthur could say before falling off the side of the horse

An older lady runs over and picks him up. Taking him into camp.

"And who might you be?" the man your guessing was dutch said

Before you could talk, the Mexican cuts in. "This is y/n. she apparently rescued Arthur from Colm, but how did she know he was there?"

Dutch looks you up and down. "You look to pretty to be an O'driscoll. Who are you really?" he says

"Colm found me 4 months ago. I've been staying there because I had no where else to go. But i am not one of them. I freed Arthur as a way out." you tell him

Dutch stares at you for a solid minute, the silence scaring you. His straight face slowly turns into a smirk.

"Well miss..."

"l/n."

"Well miss l/n" he continues. "I'm glad you could join us. Do you need a place to stay?" he asks

"You can't be serious Dutch! What if she's with them!" The Mexican says

"She freed our Arthur, I think we can trust her" He says

"It's really okay, I understand if you want me to leave." you say

"No. It's not a problem at all. Besides Colm is probably hunting you down as we speak."

This terrified you. You knew what Colm did to people who betrayed him. Your thoughts are cut off by Dutch.

"Welcome home miss l/n".

———————————————————————————

Authors Note: hey everyone! how's the story so far. I know there's not a lot of angst right now but i need to build some background 😂. I promise it's coming. I really hope your enjoying this story as much as i'm enjoying writing it!