i'm not an O'Driscoll

~~~~♛~~~~

"y/n! get over here!"

The loud yelling makes you just out of your nap.

"yes Colm?"

Colm O'Driscoll. The most revolting man you've ever met. He took you in when you really needed someone, but now you regret it and wish he would have left you there.

"me and the boys are going out for a while. I have a feeling we will be coming back with good news. Make sure you clean this place up so we can have a party."

"Okay. What's the occasion?" you asked curiously

"Don't worry about it right now. Get to work" He says winking and walking away.

Colm and two other members saddle up and ride off. They never told you where they were going or what their plans were, you just did what you were told without knowing why you were doing it.

It was a sunny morning. The weather was warm and the birds were chirping. You saw a group of guys sitting around the fire talking so you went over to join them. There weren't many women around. The O'Driscoll's treated them like shit and they usually didn't stick around long. Colm always said you had something the others didn't, which is why he kept you around. God only knows what he meant by that.

"Hey guys, what you talking about?"

"Shouldn't you be cleaning y/n?" One of the men replied.

"I've worked all morning, I need a break." you replied desperately.

"Fine. We were talking about what Colms up to. It's gonna be crazy when he gets back".

You look at him in pure confusing. You were the only one who never knew what was going on.

"He went to have a meeting with Dutch Van Der Linde. Dutch thinks it's a meeting for them to talk things out, but he has other things in mind".

You didn't know much about Dutch or his gang. Since you were only with the O'Driscolls 4 months, you weren't trusted so you didn't know much about the gangs enemies. All you knew was Dutch killed Colms brother and Colm killed Dutch's girl for revenge. Not much else is said about the group. Before you could ask any more questions about Colms plan, you heard horse hooves riding up the stone path. You looked back to see everyone arriving, with an extra person on the back of Colms horse.

"Look what I have here boys!" Colm yells out

Everyone cheers and welcomes him back and goes to take a look and what he brought back. You walk over to hear Colm talking about how he met with Dutch and while talking, they were able to kidnap one of his men. They took the man off the horse and carried him to one of the sheds. They hung him up and started beating him. It pained you to watch so you went back to your tent to lay down.

You're only resting for a few minutes when you hear footsteps walking up to you.

"y/n what are you doing over here, everyone is throwing a party for me!" Colm says squatting down next to you.

Colms always given you the creeps. He was dirty and constantly smelled like whiskey, but he was the only person who talked to you so you dealt with it.

"I just don't feel like it Colm, i'm tired " You reply sitting up.

"Come on" Colm says while resting his hand on your thigh.

This scared you. Colm has never done anything to you but you knew he always thought about it. From the way he looked at you to the way he always found ways to get close to you, you knew it was only a matter of time before he made a move. You were revolted by him. You stand up before anything can happen.

"Okay i'll come over" you say just to not be alone with him anymore

You find a spot around the fire where everyone is drinking.

"What are you gonna do with Morgan boss?" One man says

"He's bait. Poor old Dutch will come rescue him at some point and that's when we attack and end their gang once and for all" Colm replies smiling

You didn't like the way he talked about the other gang. You figured nothing could be worse than the O'Driscolls so they couldn't be that bad. You slipped away from the fire when you had a chance and walked over the the shed where they were keeping the man.

"What are you doing over here y/n?" One man guarding the shed says

"I'm trying to get more involved. Please this is a good way to start. Let me try and get him to talk." you say.

This was a lie. You wanted to talk with the man, but not as an enemy, as a friend. The guard let you in and you saw the man hanging there.

"Please, don't hit me" He winced in pain

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to know who you are." you reply.

"Oh like you don't know who I am" he replied sarcastically.

"I dont. I never know anything about who comes into this camp. All I know is you and your friends are in danger."

"Why are you even talking to me O'Driscoll?" the man says before coughing. "Won't your buddy Colm be upset with you?"

"He is not my buddy and i'm not an O'Driscoll." You reply strongly. "Listen I need a way out of here, and clearly so do you. I'm going to help you. Just hang on while i figure out a plan."

You immediately leave and head back to your tent. You spend the night thinking about what to do to save both you and this man. You wake up the next morning knowing exactly what to do, and you get ready for a fight.

———————————————————————————

Authors Note: hey guys! so this is my first story and I know i'm late to the rdr party but I thought writing this story would be fun! so please enjoy it and give me feedback because i would love to hear what you have to say!