your back

~~~~♛~~~~

You kept walking. What you were doing was breaking your heart. Arthur has been the only one to care for you since your brother died. But the heartbreak you felt wasn't the worst part. You were breaking Arthur's heart. All he ever wanted was to protect you and now your leaving him, but your father now knows who your with and you can't risk it. It's selfish and you know it, but at the current moment all you could think about is saving yourself.

Your thoughts of safety from your father clouded your judgement. You knew you had no where to stay and no one who cared about you other than the gang. You found yourself walking to a place with dark memories, but that didn't matter that that moment. All that mattered was getting away from your past, starting over. You were going back to Colm.

It was the worst decision of your life. Worse then when you joined them the first time. You knew he would punish you for what you did. But it's didn't matter. Better him than your dad. Colm was a bad man, but he would never kill you. He had a spot in his cold heart for you.

You arrive at the camp. You are nervous to see the reaction to you coming back. You take a deep breath and walk in. All heads turn to face you. Everyone is shocked, to shocked to say anything. You walk straight over to Colm. He looks up and smirks. "Your back."

"I am" you reply.

"It's about time. Got tired of Morgan?" He asks. Your heart hurts to hear his name. You don't respond. He stands up and puts a hand on your shoulder. "Y/n... I'm glad your back, but you know what I have to do since you broke my trust"

You nod. He takes you over to the same shed you saved Arthur from. He sits you down and ties you up so you can't leave. "I hate to do this princess, but you know I have to". He leaves.

"Can we go in boss?" You hear a few men asking.

"Do what you need." Colm says.

You knew what was coming, and you knew you weren't going to like it.

"Javier, she left." Arthur says while panicking.

"What do you mean she left?" Javier says in pure confusion.

"That man. He was her dad." Arthur realizes no one else knows about you and your father. "He came to kill her. She freaked out and left." He says.

"Calm down. She probably went back to camp to cool down. We will see her later." Javier reassures him. Arthur nods and helps finish up the score for the night. After they start to head back to camp. Arthur can't wait to be back and have you in his arms. He just hopes you aren't to upset to talk to him. The stagecoach arrives at camp and Arthur tumbles out with everyone following behind him. John greets them. "Where's y/n?" He asks. Arthur fills with worry. "She's not here?" He asks.

Why would she be here? She was with you." Dutch adds coming over. Arthur's eyes dart around camp. "Y/n!" He yells.

"What the hell is going on?" Dutch asks.

"Y/n ran into her father, Arthur said he was going to kill her. She left and I figured she came back here." Javier explains.

"What kind of father would kill his own daughter?" Dutch mumbles to himself. He turns to Arthur. "She probably just told the long way back. She just needed sometime to calm down. She will be back by morning"

Arthur goes to sit by the fire, John sitting next to him. "I'm sure she'll be back" he says.

You've only been tied up for 3 hours but it feels like days. The constant yelling and hitting coming your way is exhausting, but you deserve it. You left these men, and ran away with their rival gang. Your mind was in Arthur. "Is he worried?" "Does he care?" You think. You have to move on. If you want this to work you need to stop thinking about him and the gang. But that was going to be harder than you thought. You are lost in thought when Colm comes in to pay you a visit.

"Y/n, y/n, y/n... you look a mess" he says sitting down.

Your roll your eyes.

"I need you to tell me about Dutch and his plans" he says.

"He has no plan to come hunt you down, don't worry." You say.

"Now that's where your wrong. I have you now. And when he figures that out he will come and kill anyone in his path. I can't have that."

You sit in silence knowing this is true. Dutch always fights for his family, and even thought you weren't with them very long, you were family.

"You know I have eyes everywhere right?" He continues. "I know about you and Morgan"

You look up at him.

"Don't worry, I won't go out of my way to hurt him, but if he comes for you, I won't hesitate to kill him."

You stay silent. You want to forget about him. But he always comes up in conversation.

"It doesn't matter. I ran away. He won't want to find me." You say.

"I know he will, losing you was awful, I know him and everyone will feel the same" he pauses. "Goodnight y/n". He gets up and leaves.

"Losing you was awful" you repeat in your head. What does that even mean? Maybe it won't be to hard to get back on his good side. You decide for now, you have to take the punishment and hope for the best. You fall asleep with Arthur on your mind. You hope he can find someone that he truly deserves.