Chapter 122: Extra-Intrusion (Part Three)

"..." Young Master Qin pretended like nothing was wrong, "I'm not too sure about that. I don't know how rough the servant who punished him went, but after all he used to be one of our servants too, so I never really intended to do anything to him. If he held hatred for me behind his back but didn't dare say it out loud, I can't do anything about it either."

Listening to the conversation on the side, Lan SiZhui couldn't hold it any longer, "Young Master Qin, this... this is just a bit too far... from your original explanation. When my two seniors asked you to explain things, why did you hide so much from them?"

Young Master Qin, "I thought swords and talismans would be enough to maintain the peace of my household. How could I have known that I needed to tell such an old, meaningless story?"

Wei WuXian spoke with a tone of dramatic emphasis, "No, no, no-it's not an old, meaningless story. The situation is rather severe, Young Master Qin! Think about it. You scolded him and beat him up before he died, perhaps even breaking his legs. If he really didn't sell the jade pendant, it would've been a wrongful death. Whom would he find if not you?"

Young Master Qin immediately replied, "Well I wasn't the one who killed him! It wasn't a suicide either! Why would he find me?"

Wei WuXian, "Hm? How do you know it wasn't a suicide? Maybe he really took his own life by impulse, but it was perceived as an accident by everyone else. That'd be a worse case."

Young Master Qin, "How could a grown-up man commit suicide simply because of something so insignificant?"

Wei WuXian, "Young Master Qin, assumptions are the most dangerous in our line of work. Each individual has different levels of tolerance and sensitivity. It's hard to say whether a grown-up man would commit suicide because of 'something so insignificant'. You have to know-the reason behind a corpse rising could be the hatred of a wife taken or a son killed, but it could also be a small matter like Person A refusing to play with Person B when they were young."

Young Master Qin was still reluctant, "It definitely wasn't suicide! If a person wants suicide, they can either hang themselves or take poison, but who would choose to fall off a mountain? You wouldn't even know if you'd die successfully. It definitely wasn't suicide."

Wei WuXian, "You do make sense. But have you ever thought, Young Master Qin, about the possibility that he only fell from the mountain because you broke his leg and he couldn't walk well? If this were the case, round it up, and wouldn't it mean you killed him. Wouldn't it be worse?"

Young Master Qin fumed, "What do you mean round it up and I killed him? If this were the case, it'd be called an accident!"

Wei WuXian, "Are you sure you want to persuade someone who died in such a way that their death was an 'accident'? The fact that he's back means that somebody has to be responsible for this 'accident', doesn't it?"

The moment Young Master Qin said one thing, he followed up with another, his refutations making sweat seep from Young Master Qin's darkened face. Wei WuXian spoke again, "But there's no need for despair. I'll tell you one last way of protection. You can do this for now."

Young Master Qin, "Do what?!"

With just one glance at Wei WuXian, Lan WangJi knew that he was going to start blathering again. He shook his head.

Wei WuXian, "Listen carefully. You have to keep the two doors that have already been broken free of obstruction. You'll no longer keep that thing out with closed doors, anyways."

Young Master Qin, "Yes!"

Wei WuXian, "Keep out the remaining individuals of your household, so that the irrelevant is not harmed."