Chapter 50: Guile-Part Five

He kicked his saber off to the side and ran out of the field. Jin GuangYao shouted from behind him, "HuaiSang! HuaiSang!"

Just as he was about to chase over, Nie MingJue ordered in a cold voice, "Stop!"

Jin GuangYao stopped in his tracks and turned around. Holding in his anger, Nie MingJue glared at him, "You still dare come?"

Jin GuangYao answered in a low voice, "I came to acknowledge my mistake."

Wei WuXian, What a face-it's even thicker than mine.

Nie MingJue, "Have you ever acknowledged your mistakes?"

Just as Jin GuangYao was about to speak, the disciples who had gone to bring medicine came back, "Sect Leader, LianFang-Zun, Young Master has locked the door and won't let anyone inside."

Nie MingJue, "Let me see how long he can lock himself up for. How dare he defy me?!"

Jin GuangYao spoke to the disciple with a kind countenance, "Thank you. Give me the medicine. I'll take it to him afterwards."

He took the bottle of medicine. After everyone had left, Nie MingJue turned to him, "Just what are you here for?"

Jin GuangYao, "Brother, have you forgotten? Today is when I play the guqin for you."

Nie MingJue gave him a straightforward answer, "There's no room for discussion as to Xue Yang's matter. You don't need to flatter me. It's not working at all."

Jin GuangYao, "First, I'm not flattering you. Second, if it's not working, Brother, then why would you care if I'm flattering you or not?"

Nie MingJue was silent.

Jin GuangYao, "Brother, these days you've been stricter and stricter towards HuaiSang. Is it the saber spirit...?"

After a pause, he continued, "Does HuaiSang still not know about the saber spirit?"

Nie MingJue, "Why would I tell him so soon?"

Jin GuangYao sighed, "HuaiSang is used to being spoiled, but he can't be Qinghe's idle Second Young Master for his whole life. One day he'll realize that you're doing this for him, Brother, just like how I realized that you're doing this for me."

Wei WuXian, Bravo, bravo. I wouldn't be able to say such words even if given two lifetimes, but Jin GuangYao can adjust his tone so that it doesn't sound strange at all. It even sounds a bit pleasing to the ears.

Nie MingJue, "If you really do understand, then come see me with Xue Yang's head in your hand."

Yet, Jin GuangYao replied almost instantly, "Yes."

Nie MingJue looked toward him. Jin GuangYao stared back, then repeated, "Yes. Brother, if you give me one last chance, in two months' time, I'll come see you with Xue Yang's head in my hand."

Nie MingJue, "If you're unable to do it?"

Jin GuangYao's tone was firm, "If I'm unable to do it, Brother, you can do whatever you want to me."

Wei WuXian was almost starting to respect Jin GuangYao.

Even though he was always scared of Nie MingJue, in the end, he could still use a myriad of verbal techniques to make Nie MingJue give him another chance. The same night, as though nothing had happened, Jin GuangYao began to play Sound of Clarity in the Unclean Realm again.

His oath was as solemn as could be. However, Nie MingJue wasn't able to wait the two months.

One day, the QingheNie Sect was hosting a martial arts conference. As Nie MingJue passed one of the annexes, he suddenly heard the hushed voice of somebody, possibly Jin GuangYao. Yet, a second later, he heard another familiar voice.