Chapter 102: Hatred (Part Five)

Although he was pierced right through the chest, Jiang Cheng wasn't so weak as to have died right then. It just wasn't the best for him to move or conjure up his spiritual powers. He didn't like it when others tried to help him, turning to Jin Ling he said, "Fuck off."

Jin Ling knew Jiang Cheng was still mad at him for running around. He felt guilty and didn't dare defend himself. The dog's barks came from afar, followed by a sudden wail. Jin Ling shuddered as he remembered what Jin GuangYao said, shouting, "Fairy, run! They're gonna kill you!"

Soon, Su She rushed through the storm, furious. Jin GuangYao, "You didn't kill it?"

Su She's expression darkened, "I couldn't. Can't believe the dog's so spineless. It's wild when somebody's there to help it, but as soon as it's at a disadvantage, it runs away faster than anyone!"

Jin GuangYao shook his head, "It might lead someone else over. We should finish things quickly here."

Su She, "Those good-for-nothings! I'll go make them hurry."

Jin Ling, on the other hand, let out a sigh of relief. Seeing Jiang Cheng sit on the ground, still dark-faced, he turned to Lan WangJi after some hesitation, "HanGuang-Jun, are there any more sitting mats?"

The four mats that they'd been sitting on were all gathered by Lan WangJi. However, there were only four within the temple. After some silence, Lan WangJi stood up and pushed over the one he'd been sitting on.

Jin Ling hurried, "Thank you! It's fine. I'll just give him mine..."

Lan WangJi, "There is no need."

As soon as he finished, he sat down beside Wei WuXian. Even as the two sat so seriously on the same sitting mat, they didn't seem too cramped. Now that the mat was handed over already, Jin Ling scratched his head before dragging Jiang Cheng over. Jiang Cheng first pressed onto an acupoint at his chest, stopping the blood flow. After he sat down, he looked up and glanced over at Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi. He soon looked down again. His face was gloomy, disclosing nothing of what he was thinking.

Right at this point, an ecstatic cry came from behind the palace, "Sect Leader! We got it! A corner is out already!"

Jin GuangYao's expression relaxed quite somewhat. He quickly walked back behind the palace, "Press on! Please be careful. There's not much time left."

Over a dozen streaks of lightning twisted their way across the edge of the sky. They were soon followed by a series of roaring thunder. Over there, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi sat together while Jiang Cheng sat at the side. Jin Ling dragged his own mat over as well. Amid the pounding of the rain, there was a long while of dead, awkward silence. Nobody spoke up.

But for some reason, Jin Ling seemed as if he really wanted to talk to them. After some glancing around, he suddenly began, "Uncle, good thing you stopped that guqin string earlier on, or else things would be pretty bad."

Jiang Cheng's face darkened, "You can shut up!"

If not for him leaving Jin GuangYao with a chance for a sneak attack due to his own unstable emotions, he wouldn't have landed in the enemy's hands either. On top of that, in reality, Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi could've completely dodged the attack on their own. Even though, right now, Lan WangJi had no spiritual powers and Wei WuXian's were low to begin with, their skills were still there. They couldn't attack, but they were still able to dodge. Clumsily, Jin Ling was trying to speak for his uncle, yet the deliberation made the situation even more awkward.

After being scolded, Jin Ling stopped talking, embarrassed. Jiang Cheng sealed his lips together and didn't speak again.

Wei WuXian didn't say anything either. In the past, he'd definitely laugh at Jiang Cheng for being so easily-provoked that he gave the opponent an opportunity. But now, recalling what Jin GuangYao said, he understood everything.