Chapter 54: Courage-Part Four

Feeling that they were probably far enough away for their location to be safe, Wei Wuxian spun around and laid Lan WangJi gently onto the ground.

His leg injury wasn't completely healed to begin with, and now that it had been bitten by the beast's fangs and soaked in water. Lan WangJi's white clothes were dyed red by smears of blood everywhere. It could be seen with the physical eye, the rows and rows of punctures from the fangs. He couldn't stand at all, falling to the ground as soon as he was let go of.

Wei WuXian bent down for a moment to inspect the wounds. Standing up again, he circled the cave a few times. A couple of shrubs could be found growing underground. Having finally found a few thicker, straighter branches, he rubbed the grime off the surface using a corner of his clothes and squatted before Lan WangJi, "You have a rope or a ribbon? Hey, your forehead ribbon might do the trick. Come on, take it off."

Before Lan WangJi could respond, Wei WuXian quickly reached out and took off his forehead ribbon. With a flick of his wrist, he used the forehead ribbon as a bandage, straightened up Lan WangJi's leg, and fixed it firmly onto the branch.

Suddenly robbed of his forehead ribbon, Lan WangJi opened his eyes wide, "You...!"

With nimble hands, Wei WuXian had already finished tying the knot. Patting his shoulder, he consoled, "What do you mean 'me'? Let's not worry about it, given our current situation. No matter how much you like the forehead ribbon, it can't be more important than your leg, can it?"

Lan WangJi leaned back, either too tired to sit up or simply angered speechless by his words. Suddenly, Wei WuXian caught a faint, herbal scent. Reaching into his lapel, he fished out a small sachet of perfume.

The wet sachet hung from its tassels, delicate yet somewhat pitiful. Recalling how MianMian said that it was filled with medicinal plants, he opened it up at once and found that there were indeed herbs, along with a few small flowers, half-dried and quite chopped up. He urged, "Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, stop sleeping. Sit up for one second. There's a perfume sachet here. See if there are any herbs that we can use."

Dragging and tugging and refusing to give up, he eventually made Lan WangJi sit up, however exhausted he was. After looking through the herbs, they really did find a few that could stop blood or remove poison.

Wei WuXian spoke as he picked them out, "I can't believe that the girl's perfume sachet ended up so useful. I'll have to thank her properly when we go back."

Lan WangJi responded coldly, "Are you sure you do not mean to harass her properly?"

Wei WuXian, "What are you talking about? It doesn't count as harassing if I'm the one doing it. It only counts if the one doing it looks as greasy as Wen Chao. Go on, strip."

Lan WangJi frowned slightly, "What?"

Wei WuXian, "What do you think? Strip your clothes!"

He did exactly what he said. Hands grabbing each of Lan WangJi's lapels, he peeled them to the side, revealing a chest and shoulders the color of snow.

Lan WangJi had suddenly been pushed onto the ground, shirt forcibly stripped. His face was almost green, "Wei Ying! What do you want to do?!"

Wei WuXian took off all of his clothes and tore them to shreds, "What do I want to do? Right now, we two are the only ones here. I'm already making it so obvious-what do you think I want to do?"

As he finished, he stood up and drew away his belt sash. As though reciprocating out of courtesy, he revealed his own chest as well.

With deep-set collarbones, the lines of his torso flowed smoothly. Although it almost flaunted its adolescence, it was full of youthful energy and strength.