Chapter 45: Allure-Part Three

For some reason, tonight, Wei WuXian felt a bit too guilty to still dare squeezing himself onto the same bed as Lan WangJi. He spent the rest of the evening sitting on the ground and fell asleep sometime during the night, his head leaning on the wooden bed. At dawn, he vaguely felt someone lift him up with gentle movements and place him onto the bed. Struggling to open his eyes, Wei WuXian could see Lan WangJi's still-indifferent face.

He immediately felt more awake, "Lan Zhan."

Lan WangJi answered with a "mnn". Wei WuXian asked, "Are you sober or still drunk?"

Lan WangJi, "Sober."

Wei WuXian, "Oh... So it's five already."

Lan WangJi woke up at this time every single day, which was why Wei WuXian learnt how to tell the time without looking out the windows. He held up Wei WuXian's wrists, of which both were covered in reddish marks. He took out a small, turquoise porcelain bottle from within his sleeves and applied the contents. The areas that the smooth ointment had been spread on felt soothed at once. Wei WuXian squinted, "It hurts... HanGuang-Jun, you're so rude when you're drunk."

Lan WangJi didn't even look up, "You reaped what you had sown."

Wei WuXian's heart skipped a beat, "Lan Zhan, you really don't remember what you did after you were drunk, do you?"

Lan WangJi, "I do not."

Wei WuXian, That's probably true. Or else, he would've already killed me out of embarrassment.

In his heart, he found it both good and unfortunate that Lan WangJi didn't remember. It felt as though he'd secretly done or eaten something he shouldn't have and was hiding alone in a corner, snickering at how nobody found out but disappointed that he couldn't share the delight with anyone. Involuntarily, his eyes caught sight of Lan WangJi's lips again.

Although the corners never lifted, his lips looked quite soft, and did indeed feel quite soft.

Wei WuXian unconsciously bit at his own lips and started to space out again, The GusuLan Sect is so strict, and Lan Zhan isn't romantic at all, so he definitely hasn't kissed any girls before. What do I do now? I happened to have received the grand honor. Should I tell him? Will he be so angry that he starts crying after he knows? Oh, well... He might do so when he was young, but probably not now. And it's like he's a monk made of wood. It's possible that he's never even had such thoughts before... Wait! The last time he was drunk, I asked him 'is there anyone you like', and he said yes. Maybe he'd already kissed her? But judging from Lan Zhan's habit of self-restraint, he's probably really careful about not crossing any lines. They probably never kissed, or even held hands. Speaking of it, maybe back then he didn't even understand which type of 'like' I was talking about...

After Lan WangJi finished applying the ointment, somebody knocked three times at the door. Lan SiZhui's voice came through, "HanGuang-Jun, everyone is up. Will we be leaving?"

Lan WangJi, "Wait downstairs."

The group left the city and was parting ways before the city's tower. Originally, the disciples weren't as familiar with one another. They had only visited the others during discussion conferences at their respective sects. However, during these past few days, they'd been through both the cat corpse's incidents and a thrilling day at a haunted city with the others. They'd even burnt paper money, snuck liquor, argued, and cursed other people together. In summary, they already knew one another quite well. Before the departures, all of them were reluctant to leave, taking their time in front of the city gates to discuss when to visit one's discussion conference and when to night-hunt at another's place. Lan WangJi didn't hurry them, either. He let them chatter on as he himself stood silently under a tree. Under Lan WangJi's eyes, Fairy didn't at all dare to bark or run around. Crouching under the tree as well, it stared anxiously at Jin Ling, wagging its tail at him.