Chapter 52: Courage-Part Two

Lan WangJi stared straight at the front, "Nothing."

Wei WuXian, "We're already familiar with each other, aren't we? How cold-you don't even bother giving me a single look. Your leg really is fine?"

Lan WangJi, "We are not familiar."

Wei WuXian turned around and walked facing the back, determined on making Lan WangJi look at his face, "Don't force yourself if it's not fine. Is your leg hurt or broken? When did it happen?"

Just as he was about to say, 'do you want me to carry you', a fragrant breeze suddenly wafted around his nose. Wei WuXian turned around and looked to the side. His eyes immediately lit up.

Seeing that he had stopped talking abruptly, Lan WangJi followed his gaze. He saw about half a dozen girls walking together. The one in the center wore a layer of chiffon over her coat of pale scarlet. As wind blew across, the chiffon swayed. Her figure looked exceptionally good from the back.

This figure was what Wei WuXian had been looking at.

One of the girls laughed, "MianMian, your perfume sachet truly is something special. After I wore it, bugs really did stop coming over. The scent is nice too. I seem to feel much more awake after I smell it."

The voice of the girl called MianMian was indeed soft and sweet, "Inside of the sachet is filled with minced medicinal plants. It can be useful in quite a lot of ways. I've still got a few here. Do any of you want one?"

Wei WuXian swept over like a foreboding gust of wind, "MianMian, save me one too."

The girl was surprised. She didn't expect to hear a stranger's voice barge in so suddenly. Turning around, she revealed a fair face, which frowned slightly as she asked, "Who are you? Why do you call me MianMian as well?"

Wei WuXian grinned, "I heard all of them call you MianMian, so I thought that it's your name. What, it's not?"

Lan WangJi watched them coldly. Seeing that he was at it again, Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes with emphasis.

MianMian's cheeks flushed, "You can't call me that!"

Wei WuXian, "Why not? How about this: if you tell me your name, I won't call you MianMian anymore. What do you think?"

MianMian, "Why do I have to tell you just because you asked? Before you ask for somebody else's name, you should tell them your name first, shouldn't you?"

Wei WuXian, "Sure, if you want my name. Remember, my name is 'YuanDao'."

MianMian silently pronounced the name 'YuanDao' a few times. She couldn't remember if the young master of any sect had such a name. But, judging from the boy's air and appearance, she didn't think he was the average disciple. Looking at the teasing smile at the corners of Wei WuXian's lips, she didn't know what was going on.

Suddenly, Lan WangJi's low voice came from beside them, "A play on words."

She realized at once that it had been taken from the poetry line 'its ceaseless bounds yearn for miles and miles on' and he was making fun of her. She stomped her feet in spite, "Who's yearning for you? You have no face!"

The girls collapsed into a laughing mess, chirping, "Wei WuXian, you really have no face!"

"I've never seen someone as annoying as you!"

"Let me tell you, she's called..."

MianMian dragged them away and turned to leave, "Let's go, let's go! You can't tell it to him."

Wei WuXian shouted from behind, "You can go, but give me a sachet, won't you?! You're ignoring me? You don't want to? If you don't, I'll find other people and ask for your name. There must be someone out there who's willing to tell me..."