Chapter 79: Loyalty-Part One

The bloodbath of Nightless City, legendarily, was a bloody battle in which the YiLing Patriarch, Wei WuXian, slaughtered over three thousand people during the night of the pledge conference on his own.

Some said that it was five thousand as well. No matter three or five, one thing was for sure-in that night, the ruins of Nightless City became a gory hell in Wei WuXian's hands.

And the murderer, even under everyone's attacks, managed to return to Burial Mound unscathed. Nobody knew how exactly he did it.

Due to this battle, the cultivation world was quite badly wounded. And since this was the case, after nearly three months of conserving energy and scheming plans, the Four Great Sects were finally able to successfully pull off a siege on the demon's den, Burial Mound, returning the word 'massacre' to the Wen Sect's remnants and the maddened YiLing Patriarch.

Wei WuXian looked at the cultivators before the Demon-Slaughtering Cave. Their expressions were the absolute same as those of the cultivators from the night of the pledge conference, pouring their wine on the ground as they took the pledge to scatter the ashes of the Wen Sect's remnants and him. Some were the survivors of that night, others were the descendents of those cultivators, but even more were 'persons of justice' who held the same beliefs as them.

Yi WeiChun, the middle aged cultivator who proclaimed to have had his legs cut off by him and had to wear wooden prosthetics from then on, spoke up again, "The debts of blood you owe three thousand people will never be repaid, not even if you die a million times!"

Wei WuXian interrupted him, "Three thousand people? There were indeed three thousand cultivators present that night at Nightless City, but so too were the leaders the sects and many of their elites. With all of them present, could I have really killed all of the three thousand people? Are you thinking too highly of me, or are you looking down on them?"

He was only stating a simple fact calmly, but the cultivator felt as if he was scorned, fuming, "What do you think we're talking about here? How could there be bargaining to debts of blood?"

Wei WuXian, "It's not that I want to bargain about such a thing, but that I don't want my charges to be doubled just because of some words from another. I won't shoulder what I didn't do."

Someone spoke, "What you didn't do? What is there that you didn't do?"

Wei WuXian, "For example, I'm not the one who cut ChiFeng-Zun apart. I'm not the one who forced Madam Jin to take her own life at Koi Tower. I'm not the one who controls all of those corpses you ran into when you rushed up the mountain either."

Su She smiled, "Patriarch YiLing, I've always heard that you're arrogant, yet now you're being so humble. If not you, I really can't think of anyone in this world who can control so many fierce corpses, putting up such a good fight with us."

Wei WuXian, "You really can't think of anyone? Anyone can do it if they have the Tiger Seal."

Su She, "Isn't the Tiger Seal one of your weapons?"

Wei WuXian, "Now it's time to ask just whom it is that treasures it so much. It's like Wen Ning. Back then, some certain sects or so were scared to death of the Ghost General. They said they'd kill him on the surface, but behind their backs they hid him for over ten years. How strange. Who was the one that said his ashes had been scattered back then?"

In unison, everyone looked across at the LanlingJin Sect's disciples who were present. After all, the LanlingJin Sect's leader was the one who held complete responsibility over the matter, proclaiming with solemnity that the two leaders of the Wen Sect's remnants had been burned, and even scattering the ashes in Nightless City.