Chapter 93: Longing-Part Four

"..." Wei WuXian, "Open your mouth."

Lan WangJi held his head high, maintaining the cold gaze. Leaning forward slightly, he moved his teeth from the first knuckle to the second. He bit down even harder.

Wei WuXian, "Ow!"

Lan WangJi finally relaxed somewhat. Wei WuXian took this opportunity to pull his finger back and roll to the side. The bite made his hair rise. Anything that bit made him think of dogs, and his hair rose whenever he thought of dogs. Yet, before he was even able to roll far away enough, Lan WangJi tore Bichen out of its scabbard and stabbed it hard into the sitting mat, nailing a corner of Wei WuXian's robe onto the ground.

Both of them changed into the clothes they were wearing currently at Lotus Pier. They were made of a special fabric and didn't tear easily. Being held back by the corner of his robe, he couldn't roll any farther, rambling, "Lan Zhan, look at you. You poked a hole in the inn's floor and sitting mat. You're gonna have to pay..."

Before he even finished his sentence, he felt someone seize the back of his collar and drag him back. Wei WuXian's back collided hard with the person's chest. Lan WangJi's low voice immediately thundered beside his ear, "Pay!"

As he finished, he yanked Bichen from the ground as if he wanted to stab a few more times. Wei WuXian threw himself back and stopped him, "Stop! What's wrong with you? Why are you like this after just a cup of wine? Look at what bad things you're doing."

His tone was reproachful. Lan WangJi looked at him, then at his hand, and then at the hole in the floor. As though he suddenly realized, he threw his sword away at once. Bichen crashed onto the ground with a dull 'clang' before it rolled away. Wei WuXian grabbed the sheath with his left hand and used his foot to kick it into the air. Steady and precise, Bichen plunged right into its sheath. He scolded, "Don't throw such a dangerous thing around."

Hearing this, Lan WangJi sat even more properly. He looked down, almost as if he knew he did wrong and was willing to improve. It had always been Lan WangJi who scolded him so seriously. Only after they drank was he able to turn the tables. Holding Bichen in his folded arms, Wei WuXian looked at him with a tilted head, trembling as he tried to hold back his laughter.

He genuinely loved the drunken Lan WangJi!

Now that he was drunk, Wei WuXian's past dilemma had completely disappeared. It was as if all the wildness in him that had nowhere to go finally found an exit out of his body. Walking a few circles around Lan WangJi, who was still sitting all prim and proper, Wei WuXian turned around and sat down beside him, holding up his ragged robe for him to see, "Look at what you've done. You tore my clothes. You have to mend it up for me later, you know?"

Lan WangJi nodded. Wei WuXian, "Do you know how to mend clothes?"

Lan WangJi shook his head. Wei WuXian, "I knew it. Learn if you don't know how. Either way you have to mend my clothes for me. You understand?"

Seeing that Lan WangJi nodded his head again, Wei WuXian took another sitting mat giddily and used it to cover the hole that Bichen made, now that nobody had discovered it yet, "I'll hide the hole for you. This way, nobody will find out that you made a mess."

Lan WangJi took out the dainty little money pouch from within his lapels and presented it to Wei WuXian, shaking it as he spoke, "Pay."

Wei WuXian, "I know you're loaded. Put it away, put it away...What are you doing?"

Lan WangJi stuffed the pouch into his arms. Wei WuXian felt the heavy pouch in front of his chest, "For me?"

After he stuffed the money pouch inside, Lan WangJi pulled Wei WuXian's lapels up and even patted his chest a few times, as if scared he'd lose it, "Keep it."