Chapter 77: Nightfall-Part Two

In the past, there were only others who asked him what to do. Now, though, he was the one asking others what he should do, and nobody was able to give him an answer.

Suddenly, Wei WuXian felt a faint pain at the side of his neck, as if he'd been stabbed by a sharp needle. He felt his body grow numb all over. Having been caught off guard due to the momentary absent-mindedness, he only realized what was happening after a few moments had passed. Involuntarily, he had already collapsed onto the rock bed. At first, he could still raise his arm, but soon, even his arm crashed onto the bed. He could no longer move.

With red eyes, Wen Qing slowly removed her right hand, "... I'm sorry."

She shouldn't have been able to land an attack on Wei WuXian with her speed, but Wei WuXian wasn't on the alert at all. With the pain, Wei WuXian felt his mind calm down a bit as well. His Adam's apple bobbed before he opened his mouth, "What are you doing?"

Wen Qing and Wen Ning exchanged a glance. Standing before him, in unison, they granted him a solemn salutation.

Seeing this, a restless sense of foreboding rose within Wei WuXian, "What are you going to do? Just what are you doing?"

Wen Qing, "When you woke up, we were in the middle of discussing it. I think we've come to a conclusion."

Wei WuXian, "Discussing what? Stop talking nonsense. Take out the needle-let me go!"

Wen Ning slowly got up from the ground. His head still hung low, "Sister and I have come to a conclusion. We'll be going to Koi Tower to give ourselves up."

"Give yourselves up?" Wei WuXian was shocked, "How are you going to do that? Apologize? Surrender?"

Wen Qing rubbed her eyes, her expression appearing to be calm, "Yes, more or less. In the days you were down, the LanlingJin Sect sent people to give a few words at Burial Mound."

Wei WuXian, "Give a few words about what? Don't talk one word at a time. Say it all at once! Finish your explanation!"

Wen Qing, "The LanlingJin Sect wanted you to give them an answer. The answer would be to hand over the two leaders of the remaining Wen Sect members, especially the Ghost General."

"..." Wei WuXian, "I'm warning you two. Get this needle out of me right now."

Wen Qing continued on, "The leaders of the remaining Wen Sect members-that's us. According to them, if you hand us over, this incident would temporarily be considered over as well. Then, we might have you on the bed for a couple more days. The effects of the needle inside of you would cease in three days' time. I've talked to Uncle Four about it already. He'll watch over you and let you out if an emergency happens within the three days."

Wei WuXian raged, "You can shut the fuck up! It's already pandemonium the way things are right now! You two can stop adding more trouble onto my platter. Give yourselves in my ass. Did I tell you to do this? Take it out!"

Wen Qing and Wen Ning stood still, arms limp. Their silence was the same. Wei WuXian had no strength in his body. His struggles were of no use, and nobody listened to him either. All at once, there seemed to be no strength in his heart either.

He could neither shout nor move, rasping, "Why are you going to Koi Tower? I wasn't the one who cursed him with Hundred Holes at all..."

Wen Qing, "But they have set their minds that it was you."

Wei WuXian tried his best to think of ways to deal with this. Suddenly, he thought of something, "Then find the real person who set the curse! Jin ZiXun's definitely gone to experts of cursing. The most common way to deal with these curses is to hit them back, let the effects rebound back to the one who placed the curse. Even if not all of the power could be rebounded, a large portion can. We can just look for someone who has the same curse marks on them!"