Chapter 118: Extra-Villainous Friends

13 Years ago

Xue Yang sat beside the small, wooden table of a street side vendor, one leg stepping on the bench as he ate a bowl of glutinous rice dumplings soaked in rice wine. He tapped his spoon on his bowl. It was quite a satisfactory meal in the beginning, but in the end, he suddenly realized that even though the dumplings were sticky, the rice wine wasn't sweet enough.

Xue Yang stood up and kicked the stall over.

The vendor himself had been busying himself all over the place. He was shocked speechless by the kick. He stared as the young man perpetrated his assault and, after the kick, said nothing as he turned around to leave, a wide grin on his face. Only a few moments later did the vendor realize what happened. He caught up and scolded, "What are you doing?!"

Xue Yang, "Wrecking your stall."

The vendor was half-dead with anger, "You're sick! You're mad!"

Xue Yang didn't move an inch. Pointing at his nose, the vendor continued, "You little bastard! You eat my food, you don't give me money, and you have the guts to wreck my stall?! I..."

Xue Yang's thumb shifted. The sword at his waist was unsheathed with a 'clank.'

The sword shone coldly. He gently patted the vendor's cheek with Jiangzai's blade, his voice saccharine, "The dumplings were nice. Add more sugar next time."

After he finished, he turned around and continued to march forth.

The vendor was a mixture of shock and fear. He was mad, but he didn't dare say anything, gaping as he walked into the distance. Suddenly, he was filled with rage and frustration. A moment later, he let out a furious roared, "... Under broad daylight without rhyme or reason-why, why?!"

Xue Yang waved his hand without even looking back, "There's no why. There are lots of things in this world that happen without rhyme or reason. This is called an unexpected disaster. Goodbye!"

With light paces, he walked past a few blocks. A while later, someone came up from behind him and calmly caught up to his strides, hands folded behind.

Jin GuangYao sighed, "I only turned around for a second and you stirred up so much trouble for me. I only had to pay for a bowl of dumplings in the beginning, and now I have to pay for his table, chairs, pots and pans, and even bowls."

Xue Yang, "You'll miss the couple of coins?"

Jin GuangYao, "No."

Xue Yang, "Then why are you sighing?"

Jin GuangYao, "I don't think you'll miss the couple of coins either. Why can't you try being a normal customer once in a while?"

Xue Yang, "Back in Kuizhou I never paid for anything I wanted. Just like this." As he spoke, he casually plucked off a stick of sugared haws off a vendor's pole. It might be the first time the vendor saw such a shameless person. As he stared open-mouthed, Xue Yang took a bite, "Besides, you can deal with the trouble of me wrecking a tiny stall, can't you?"

Jin GuangYao smiled, "You little delinquent. Wreck stalls however you want. I wouldn't even care if you burned down the entire street. Just one thing-don't wear the Stars Amidst Snow robes and cover up your face. Don't let anyone know who did it, or it'd be trouble for me."

He tossed the money to the vendor. Xue Yang spat out a mouthful of haw pits. Through the corner of his eye, he saw a small area of purple at Jin GuangYao's forehead that wasn't hidden properly. He laughed, "Where did that come from?"

Jin GuangYao glanced at him in a somewhat reproachful way. He straightened his cap and hid the bruise properly, "It's a long story."

Xue Yang, "Nie MingJue did it?"