Chapter 111: WangXian-Part One

The sun hadn't risen yet. It was still quiet over the streets. Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi walked together, hearing only the soft taps of the donkey's hooves clicking on the ground.

Sitting on the back of the donkey, Wei WuXian gave its buttocks a few pats. The pouch at its girdle was full and hard, filled with apples that were probably snacks from the Lan Sect's juniors.

Wei WuXian fished out an apple from inside and placed it near his mouth. Staring at Lan WangJi's handsome face from the side, he gave it quite a loud crunch. Watching its apple be shamelessly stolen, Lil' Apple was so furious that it flared its nostrils, slamming its hooves. Wei WuXian had no time to pay attention to it, giving it a few more slaps as he stuffed the unfinished apple into its mouth, "Lan Zhan, did you know? The one named SiSi seemed to have been a friend of Jin GuangYao's mother's."

Lan WangJi, "I did not."

Wei WuXian didn't know if he should laugh, "I was only making a comment, not that I was really asking you. I saw it back at the Guanyin Temple, in Empathy with the ghoul woman. She looked after Jin GuangYao and his mother quite well."

With a moment of silence, Lan WangJi replied, "Thus, Jin GuangYao let the woman go."

Wei WuXian, "It should be the case. I was afraid ZeWu-Jun would go soft on him again, so I didn't say everything. Even now I still don't we should tell him."

Lan WangJi, "If he should ask in the future, I will let him know."

Wei WuXian, "Might as well."

He turned and glanced back, letting out a rare sigh, "I don't want to care about any of those nasty things anymore. This is it."

Lan WangJi nodded and tightened Lil' Apple's reins. He continued to walk with it.

Each could only deal with their own troubles. Even if Lan XiChen was his brother by birth, Lan WangJi couldn't do anything to help him right now. Comfort was useless. It'd all be in vain.

After a pause, Lan WangJi spoke, "Wei Ying."

Wei WuXian, "What?"

Lan WangJi, "There is something I have never told you."

Wei WuXian somehow felt his heart skip a beat, "What is it?"

Lan WangJi stopped and stared straight at him. Just as he was about to speak, from behind the two of them came a series of rushed footsteps. Wei WuXian, "Goodness, somebody's already caught up with us?"

Somebody had caught up indeed, but it was much better than expected. Lan SiZhui ran over, panting, "H-HanGuang-Jun, Senior Wei!"

Wei WuXian propped his arm on the donkey's head, "SiZhui-er, I'm eloping with HanGuang-Jun. Why are you here? Aren't you scared Old Mr. Lan would scold you?"

Lan SiZhui blushed, "Senior Wei, do not be like this. I-I came to ask a very important question!"

Wei WuXian, "What is it?"

Lan SiZhui, "I remembered a few things that I could not confirm, so... so I came to ask HanGuang-Jun and Senior Wei."

Lan WangJi glanced at him before he looked to Wen Ning. Wen Ning nodded. Wei WuXian, "What things?"

Lan SiZhui puffed up his chest and drew in a deep breath. He began, "Claimed he had top-notch cooking skills, yet made dishes that were pungent both to the eye and to the stomach."

Wei WuXian, "Huh???"

Lan SiZhui added, "Buried me in a field of carrots, saying I would grow taller quickly with water and sunlight, and maybe a few more children would sprout and play with me."