Ch.36

This chapter kind of makes me sad but the song reflects Clark's feelings (':

_____________

It was Friday, and I haven't seen Brenda all week nor has she responded to my text. I waited in front of her first class patiently unitl I saw her walk this way. She stopped and turned to walk away before I caught up with her.

"What the hell Brenda why are you avoiding me?" I asked her. She stared at me and yanked her arm out my grip. I ran my hand through my hair and swore. I caught up with her again.

"Don't walk away, tell me what's going on!"

"You fucking asshole!" she yelled. She pushed.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Megan told me you guys kissed when I was mourning for my damn mom. I knew that shit the day after and you still can't come to me truthfully." she said.

I stopped talking and stared at her with guilt.

"Why didn't you tell me Clark? You just keep secrets from me day by day, huh?"

"Brenda, baby I'm sorry." I said. I tried to hug her but she nudged my hug. I kept my distance as students still wandered around before the bell rang.

"Where were you on Monday?" she asked.

"I-" I couldn't even lie. "I took Kylie to her appointment-"

"Whoopie-fucking doo! You're gonna be a great father Clark."

"Why are you overreacting, you're the one who was avoiding me!" I said.

"Why am I overreacting? Because you lied to my damn face and started becoming a baby daddy to a bitch I obviously don't like."

"What the fuck is it with you having something against her?!"

"Did you seriously just ask me that dumbass question?"

I scoffed. 

"Ever since you got raped you act like a fucking bitch!" I yelled at her. I instantly regret what I said but didn't move anyway.

She balled her lips and shook her head. She dropped her bag and reached around her neck for something. She removed a necklace I got her a few months ago and threw it on the ground.

"I'm done with this Clark. Take this piece of shit because now, you mean nothing to me. I'll bring your shit that you gave to me to your house. Don't ever talk to me or come by my house ever again." she said.

Water began to burn my eyes and I coughed a bit.

She picked up her stuff and gave me an eye. "I hate you." she said. Last words.

"Delete my fucking number too!" she yelled a few feet away. I picked up the necklace and sunk to the ground. I just lost what could've been the most important thing in my life; that could keep me alive.

My breath became hitched as I processed in my mind what just happened.

_____________________

Brenda Palmer POV

All this week I've given a lot of thought and researched a lot of shit. I spoke to Megan, face to face, at her house and threatened her to tell me what's going on between the both of them. I heard Rebekkah George is in a juvenile detention center getting treatment, Kylie's new babydaddy is Clark, etc.

I would've heard him out if he didn't try lying and the worst part is, he brought up the worse memory you could bring up to a person.

I really just wanted to die in that spot when he said those words. I meant what I said too. I hate him. I'll always love him but  I can't ever be in love with a sick bastard like him again.