Ch.13

Tuesday*

"You sure you want to light one after school man?" my old friend Zach asked me. Me, Scotty, him, and a few others used to smoke together until I chose to stop because I felt school was more important.

"I wouldn't call you if I didn't." I replied as he drove off while I walked onto the school premise.

Ever since we 'broke up' about three days ago, I haven't had Brenda off my mind. I do miss her but I said what I said and can't take it back. 

I walked to my first period and took my seat. I vowed to myself to just focus on school. I don't want to lose any scholarships in my future from football and I damn straight wanted to get into a good college that provides 4 years to me. 

"Clark may I see you at my desk for a moment?" Mr. Sodayum asked, more of saying. I got up right as the late bell rang for anyone running late and stood by his desk for him to speak.

"Your grade has dropped dramatically low, why?"

"What do you mean dramatically?" I asked annoyed.

"You were my highest grade and suddenly your third from lowest out of all my classes. You have an D all of a sudden."

"Look man I just have too much shit to deal with I-"

"Language Mister Gonzales, or that'll be a referral."

"I just have too much to deal with other then your class at the moment no offense."

He just looked at me and shook his head. "Take your seat please."

Kylie walked in and took her seat while I walked back to mine in front of Brenda's. She paid no attention to me and had no expression; how are we gonna be apart from each other. I love her.

____________________

Brenda;

"He didn't even speak to you on it?" Nicole asked as we sat at a small lunch table.

"I told you no. I don't even care anymore, I tried to make it work but he overreacts too easy. I really don't know what's going on with him all of a sudden. But oh well, we're done." I said stabbing my fork in my salad, noticing a teardrop on the piece I was going to eat. 

Nicole handed me a tissue from her purse and I covered my eyes with it, soaking all my tears. I moved it to discover Scotty and Jerry walking by our table.

"How you doing gorgeous?" Scotty said earning a look from Jerry. I can't bear to look at Jerry for a good 10 seconds without my memory. And don't even get me started with Scotty.

"Do you guys need something?" Nicole answered for me.

"Actually, you got what I need." he winked to her causing her to roll her hazel eyes. "But on the real I heard about you and my old friend Clark splitting. I'm here in case you need some comfort."

"I'd rather not end up pregnant at 17 with a std so no thank you." I smiled. He laughed at me.

"I also want you to know he's supposed to go smoke afterschool in case you try to get him back."

"He doesn't smoke." I tried telling myself.

"You really don't know shit about Clark or his past for that matter. I got the guy he's smoking with's number in case you try to go see him later."

I thought to myself what to do.

"Get his number, we'll smack some sense into him before he can even speak." Nicole told me.

"I don't want to beg for Clark back because he said what he had to, and I'm not gonna follow him."

"Clark won't even see you once he's stoned, ya'll meet me in the lot and we can see him tonight." Scotty said as Jerry stayed quiet.