Ch.8

3 weeks later*

Bren & I are pretty good so far; that night she said yes was the night of my life. But ever since then, we've been getting looks; like disgust or something, I don't see why but just random people. We shake them off and go on being happy. 

As I'm in Chemistry II, Kylie continuously gives me rude looks.

"Can I help you with something?" I whispered getting annoyed. Brenda should be in this class now since she switched her other science for this one. When I last saw her, she was getting her schedule changed.

"Maybe you should help yourself Clark." she said. I looked at her like she was stupid, which she is, and she just shook her head.

"And how exactly do I need to help myself?"

"Maybe by drinking vanilla lattes for now." 

"Excuse me?"

"You know what I'm talking about Clark. You dating that ratchet chick Bantu or whatever." I scoffed at her commenting disbelief while Brenda walked in going to the teacher. 

"First off, it's Brenda, and second, I'd rather have mocha that vanilla anyday. SO before you decide to talk shit on my GIRLFRIEND, look at your self first and ask yourself can you even compare." I said. She looked at me in disbelief as I smirked, Brenda started to walk over and Kylie was sending her daggers. She was walking to sit behind me.

I feel pretty good.

"Did you get switched out anymore classes?" I whispered to Bren and she shook her head 'no' before she waved to this other guy I've probably never seen. Wait yeah I did, he's on the football team but he acts reaaally shady to me so I don't trip off of him.

"Who's he?" I asked.

"My friend Dalt-"

"Mister Gonzales, I assume you want to present your report first. Come right up." Mr. Sodayum said. I got my report out to present. I cleared my throat.

"My report is on samples from two different ethnic backgrounds share similar characteristics and what they are. I'll be using phenotype/genotype examples." I smiled to Brenda who gave me a wink. I finished my chem report with a few people clapping who I guessed liked it.

"That was amazing babe." Brenda said. This class period was fun with my girlfriend in it and we finally left for lunch a few classes later. 

Perry was with his girlfriend Gennifer, I was with Brenda, Brandon with Nina, Greg with Sierra, Scotty with no one, and Harry with no one. Scotty deserves no one and I made up with Perry too so we're cool as ice.

"How's everybody doing?" Greg tried to make conversation. There was tension at the table between Scotty and I so we both kept quiet. Brenda put her hand on my thigh to reassure me that it was okay to sit at the same table with a man whore. 

No one spoke so Brenda cleared her throat and said something.

"Seems like there's too much tension at this table that needs to stop-" she started. 'Brenda stop it' I thought in my head.

"-you guys are acting like little bitches begging for attention. You don't have to like eacother but at least bear to sit at the same table."

"I've been thinking that since they sat down'." Nina laughed as her and Brenda high-fived.

I looked at Scotty who had suddenly left and sat with the other part of the football team who I don't deal with. I sighed and hugged Brenda around her waist.

"Well now that one ass is gone, we can eat lunch like before." Brandon said.

Poor guy, sits with the people who thinks he's already a dick. 

The rest of the day was pretty good especially the end. Brenda's back was to the car while I was in front of her staring her up and down. Damn she was beautiful, and I am beyond lucky to call her mine.

"Brendaaa!!" a annoying voice yelled, must be her friend; I've never seen her but that one guy is here again on her side. Brenda broke out our little session and waved over to her 'friends'. Her and the chick did a handshake while the guy gave me a stare for no reason; he has some damn vision issues.

"Clark, this is like my best friend in the world Nicole,-" Nicole looked at me then back at Brenda, whispering something in her ear. I stuck my hand out in a nice greeting but she looked at it and swatted it down making me rub the back of my neck, awkward.

"I don't do that shit boo. Bring it in." she hugged me and I hugged her back. She smiled at Brenda who rolled her eyes at her and giggled.

"And you somewhat remember Dalton, ya'll on the team together." Nicole said. I put my hand out and gave him a smile to say 'I don't like you but I have to'.

"Get that damn hand out my face white boy. And don't even try that hug shit on me." he said earning a slap in the face from Nicole. I just looked at him and then at Brenda who sent him death stares; if looks could kill, he'd be in hell already. 

"What the hell did you say?" I spoke, ready to post up.

"We'll catch you later cakey. Nice meeting you Clark." Nicole spoke dragging him away.

"What's his problem?" I asked kind of pissed at that. I barely know the fool and he calls me 'white-boy'? 

"I don't know, can we just ignore that and get back to us?" she asked putting her arms around my neck while I put my hands on her waist. I sighed as she kissed me. I just can't shake the thought of that guy calling me white boy; I mean no shit what else do I look like. 

___________________

Why is Kylie so racist? Dalton showing jealousy or nahh? Clark overreacting?