Ch.33

Brenda Palmer POV;

It was nearly 3 in the morning, Saturday. Well, Sunday technically. My dad's been making me clean up to his knees ever since I got home from school on Friday. 

When I say spotless, I mean spotless. My dad went out, bought a brand new deep-cleaning vacuum, new comforters, and reorganized the entire house.

"Dad can I please go to sleep, I'm supposed to meet Clark today at nine-"

"No you can stay up, we still have to shine the glass in the cabinets." he said. My dad was a large man, big-boned. He was vacuuming under the couch cushions for whatever reason.

"Well, I'm just going to scrub my toothbrush so it doesn't have a scent on it that distracts from the wall plug-in." I said walking upstairs slowly.

I heard him say 'Yeah you do that', and continue vacuuming. I walked to my bedroom and faceplanted on my bed, pulling the covers over me. The time was 3:01 and I sure as hell was about to get a couple hours of sleep at least.

I slowly closed my eyes before my phone vibrated. Right now I just wanted to throw my phone across the room but it was from Clark so I sat back up.

Call Me? <Clark

I rolled my eyes wondering what he wanted and why he called this morning, and called him.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hi there."

"What's up?"

"Well you told me to call you so I don't know, sleep?"

"Well I can't sleep and needed to hear your voice. I think my mom's drinking again."

"What do you mean, again?" I asked.

"I just don't want her to get into the same shit she did before Meerkat was born, it was a dark time."

"Calm down babe. it's not going to happen again. As long as you're there with Meranda and by her side she won't drink irresposibly." I said half asleep.

He sighed, "Alright, well I'll let you sleep."

"Thank you Clark."

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I replied, then hung up. I set my phone on my nightstand and then went to sleep. The gentle sound of the sprinklers were going off and making me drift slowly.

_________________________

-Continued-

I woke up on this late Sunday at around 10 AM, feeling a bit more refreshed. Forgetting to put a headscarf on was starting to become a habit for me, and frankly, it was not okay.

I went into my bathroom and looked at my face. Dried drool on my cheek, and my hair looking like a mini tornado. I did my buisness in the restroom and went downstairs to see no one there, and a note that was probably written by my dad.

Brenda, thanks for cleaning your room. You are cool -Love, Dad

I smiled and unlocked my phone in my hand to see a text from Clark asking if I was up. I replied with a yes and told him my 'Aunt' was coming into town. I facetimed him while getting a bowl of cereal and making some microwavable.

"Hi girlfriend. So much for meeting at the park today at 9." he greeted. He was still in his bed with messy hair.

"Hi boyfriend, how's your morning."

"Great, how's yours?"

"Amazing thank you for asking."

"What's so great about your morning, I'm not there?"